Light-O-Rama Forums

need help with sequencer

blee626

I am trying to add channels to a sequence I already have but when I bring up sequencer and hit play I see the timmings move  but the part where channels are  dosnt move like it use too , I have tried to  reload the program but it still wont work and it is making it impossible for me t set my lights past the first 5 seconds or so any help would be great thanks

4 minutes ago, blee626 said:

I am trying to add channels to a sequence I already have but when I bring up sequencer and hit play I see the timmings move  but the part where channels are  dosnt move like it use too , I have tried to  reload the program but it still wont work and it is making it impossible for me t set my lights past the first 5 seconds or so any help would be great thanks

Been a while since I've used that version of the software, but my channels NEVER moved in any of the LOR software, just the SE would move the indicator in the Waveform along the top, but it would move to each section as the song played.  

Are you sure you haven't changed the Play option to start and stop at a specific time by accident.  That could cause this issue. 

If that's not the issue, then you may need to unload, uninstall and re-install the software.  MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL YOUR SEQUENCES AND AUDIO DIRECTORIES BEFORE DOING THE RE-INSTALL!

Good Luck.

6 minutes ago, blee626 said:

I checked that already, and I have already uninstalled and re installed, just not sure whats going on

Hopefully someone can chime in here about this, but I know there is a software program that LOR Recommends to use when doing an uninstall and before re-installing, it clears out any left over stuff in the Windows Registry, sometimes Windows does not uninstall a program completely, and if the LOR software didn't fully uninstall from the registry, it may be trying to read a previous install that left stray criteria in there when it uninstalled.  And this in turn may be causing the software to get confused.

If you do a search on the LOR Forums about uninstalling and re-installing, you may find a few threads that discuss this and where to download the software to be sure you get a full clean re-installation.

to add a channel you can simply right click on the channel column and click on the inset channel...If you have more channels then fit on the screen you have to scroll down or up to see all of them.  Depending on how many, you can also make the channels smaller in height by zooming out which will allow more to be seen in the window.  It sounds like your play selection has been changed to something other than play full sequence.  Look under the Play tab.  There will be a check mark on the method chosen.  if all that fails, I would put in a help ticket.  Don't expect an immediate reply tough as this is their busy season.  Perhaps another user will have further suggestions.  you should probably upgrade to S4.  Good luck.

Do you have a play range set accidentally. Click in the yellow time bar. If the highlight disappears, that will be it

• The topic was locked