Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduler problem

Bry

Ran my first schedule for this season tonight and ran into all types of issues. First one I ran worked with most of the e1.31 items but nothing played back on the lor network. Stopped everything and tried a show on demand. First song was fine but the second one was full of errors as well. 

I tried switching comm ports and lor adapters and it’s still having issues. Weird thing is the sequences all seem to run perfectly in SE (once they finally load). 

Figured out it's an issue with 5.3.10 and the playback creation. I can't get S5 to create the playback files for all of my sequences. I've tried playing back in the shows on demand but that seems to be hit and miss. Anyone have a best practice?

One more time.

Starting with 5,3, playback files are created by playing a show on demand.

Create a show with all your  .loredit files. play it, go to dinner, mine took 2.5 hours to create the playback files. 

The second time through it SHOULD play without delays. Mine didn't, some sequences take 2 minutes to load.

If you have delays, try downgrading to 5.2.4, manually create the playback files, and play them for the show. NO delays.

Thanks for the response. Tried everything above and still running into delays and errors. Just downgraded and now I’m going thru to fix all the SS effects. 

Uninstall 5.3.x

Delete c:\programflies(x86)\LOR

Install 5.2.4.

Open each sequence loredit file in turn and clicl File/create playback file

Create a show with the newly created 5.2 playback files. 

The lcs compressed files will create on the fly first time, quickly.

Took me about half an hour to do 58 sequences. Took 5.3  2.5 hours and still didn't play right.

Will the 5.2.4 create the files if the sequences were created in the 5.3.x upgrade though?  After the first time through my show today the delay between sequences is gone, but the lights are out of sync with the music by about 3 seconds.

All my files (52) were modified in 5.3.10, and then opened in 5.2.4 to create their playback files. Been playing perfectly for a week now.

It makes no difference if I play from 5.2.4 or 5.3.10.

I have played from both using the 5.2.4 play files. I am currently playing from 5.3.10 though.

Just another random question, after S5.3 has created the .play files, would creating a new show and selecting the .play files out of the LORInternal folder instead of the .loredit files in the sequence folder, help eliminate the issues everyone is running into?

Phil-

When you reverted back to 5.2.4, did any of your 5.3.x effects get lost or not work?

Edited by Little_b

Making a show out of the files in lorinternal still had delays.

I had one sequence with an animated gif  in the picture effect that would not open in 5.2.

I removed the effect and it worked.

Every other motion effect I have used has worked, but I haven't used all of them, and I have no SS effects either.

Of course I have way too may effects and 5.2.4 wouldn't open any of my sequences.  At this point I go live in 30 minutes so unfortunately there will be out of sync music.  I think ill try making one long sequence will all my sequences (6) and see if that will work for tomorrow.  Thanks for your help.