Light-O-Rama Forums

Different Animation Loops with same controller ID

MSB

We have several animation loops that run in the background of our show and there are some flaky things happening. Running each animation from the sequence editor alone to test work fine. Here's A simplified example,

1. We have one animation loop that uses a 16 channel controller that runs a sign. It uses controller L0A and channels 1,2,3,4,5 to animate the sign. No other channels are defined in the channel config for this loop
  2. We have a second animation loop that uses the same controller L0A during the show that turns on directional arrows that uses channels 6,7,8  and this animation does not have channels  1,2,3,4,5 defined in the channel config.
  3. The show uses both these animations on a schedule and they play concurrently in the Animation tab of the show editor.

It seems like things act up when both animations are playing simultaneously even though no channels overlap. Any ideas?

This may sound like I didn't read what you said - I really did.  I want to make sure about something.  I want to make sure that not only are the other channels not used, but that they are not there at all.  WAY too many times, people assume that a channel that is always off is the same as not present.  Not the case.  That results in conflicting commands - which I suspect is what you are seeing.  Also make sure that those eight channels are not defined in any of the music sequences in the normal part of the show.

Yes, we only have the channels in the configuration that we use for the individual animations. So to rephrase, it is possible to control the same controller with two animation loops. One loop, Called Loop A, controls channels Unit 1 Channels 1-4 and a second animation loop, Called Loop B, controls Unit 1 channels 5 through 12? Loop A only has Unit 1 channels 1-4 defined. Loop B only has Unit 1 channels 5 through 12 defined.

• The topic was locked