Light-O-Rama Forums

RS485-ADAPTER HS (the red one)

Sijaan

Hi guys, I have two controllers (LOR1602 g3). I can run my show from an SD card, but I want to run it from my PC. So I ordered the RS485 adapter (the red one).
My question is (until I receive the adapter), How do I connect it to my PC and how do I connect the adapter to the controller.
And I work with traditional LED lights, Did I even order the correct item?

1 hour ago, Sijaan said:

Hi guys, I have two controllers (LOR1602 g3). I can run my show from an SD card, but I want to run it from my PC. So I ordered the RS485 adapter (the red one).
My question is (until I receive the adapter), How do I connect it to my PC and how do I connect the adapter to the controller.
And I work with traditional LED lights, Did I even order the correct item?

The red adapter is backward comparable, it will work with all things LOR. You should have at least one spare just in case you grow in to bigger projects.

If you do not have a black or red adapter do not connect your controller to anything.

That is very important- do not connect any network cable without the adapter.

Once you get the adapter please follow the instructions before plugging it in to your computer or controller.

Remember one controller at a time while setting them up.

You did great by ordering the RS485HS adapter.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Thanks 1

Red is the best unless you are connecting ONLY Easy Light linkers to your PC (they need the one that supplies power). That is not needed if there is a controller just before the ELL)

By all means, follow JR's directions  and then later tag the adapter with its COM#/assigned network name if not 'Regular'  (folk with more than  adapter1,need to keep track of which is what to make life easier).

HU can detect the Com#  (what is not really important EXCEPT for matching adapter <> LOR Net name

NEVER plug a cable into the adapter that is connected to a Standard Ethernet Router/Switch/Computer.. Smoke may happen 😪

The Connector is the only similarity

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

The red adapter is backward comparable, it will work with all things LOR. You should have at least one spare just in case you grow in to bigger projects.

If you do not have a black or red adapter do not connect your controller to anything.

That is very important- do not connect any network cable without the adapter.

Once you get the adapter please follow the instructions before plugging it in to your computer or controller.

Remember one controller at a time while setting them up.

You did great by ordering the RS485HS adapter.

JR

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Red is the best unless you are connecting ONLY Easy Light linkers to your PC (they need the one that supplies power). That is not needed if there is a controller just before the ELL)

By all means, follow JR's directions  and then later tag the adapter with its COM#/assigned network name if not 'Regular'  (folk with more than  adapter1,need to keep track of which is what to make life easier).

HU can detect the Com#  (what is not really important EXCEPT for matching adapter <> LOR Net name

NEVER plug a cable into the adapter that is connected to a Standard Ethernet Router/Switch/Computer.. Smoke may happen 😪

The Connector is the only similarity

Thank you guys!