Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding new controller

SgtGator

I have sequences from last year that used 1 controller, 16 channels. I have added a second controller, 16 channels, and want to rewrite my existing sequences to reflect the new controller. How do I add that second controller into the current sequence?

Thanks!

It looks like you are running S4. When I add a controller I open the Sequence Editor and add it to that song. Then I export the configuration, open my next song and import that config and start sequencing.

Let me add a follow-on, add the new controller channels below your current channels or when you import into the next song it may put your old channels into your new channels. I had a problem with that when I tried creating channel groups and importing the new config because I tried moving around some channels and it didn't like that when I imported the config into a new song.

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Your profile says 5.3.10. If true you will need to add the new controller to your preview. 

I swear when I looked it said 4. 😂

It did say 4😁  I upgraded.   Anyway, in my preview I did add the new controller, but it doesn't show up when I open the sequence and there is no add new controller button under Tools or anywhere else.

If you changed the existing Preview, it should just show up in Sequencer next time you open it. 

If you changed the Preview name, then:

In Sequencer. Sequence\Assign Different Preview.

I also strongly suggest making a backup copy of your Preview.xml file in Commondata.

When I add  a new controller I right click on the last channel name and select add multiple channels below, then select LOR controller and type number of channels (16) and select, it will question you something about assigning channels to the remainder and I do and let the software assign unit numbers the the 16 channels. This is from memory but it should be close, my sequencing laptop is out in garage playing the show right now but ill check the info later.

I have never created a preview, may be easier I don't know, i am going to have to check after December but I try and not change too much during show time.

Keith

• The topic was locked