Light-O-Rama Forums

How to copy E31 sequence into S5

scubanimal

I received a E31 sequence for a MegaTree, and have not figured out how to copy it into my sequence.    Does anyone have any guidance? 

Thank you,

Ian

E1.31 is a protocol not a file format. The files will be in standard format like lms or loredit or perhaps SS. You can copy and paste just like any other sequence. 

Hey Phil, thank you for taking the time to respond.     The LMS file, trying to copy and paste is actually the problem. 

I should have been reworded my question.   The format I received is kind of like the S4, where there is a line in the LMS file for each color (RGB) in for each channel in each unit.   Where as in S5 I have one line per unit, so trying to cut and paste is not working, as even a single unit pastes into unintended lines in S5.  

Thank you

Ian 

I have also noticed some inconsistencies with multiple row pasting in S5. It used to be bullet proof in S4, but now it sometimes doesn't get it right. Try smaller bites.

Also after 5.2.4, the three color channels came back. You have to enable it, preferences, can't recall which tab, but I'll look when I get back to my machine.

22 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Also after 5.2.4, the three color channels came back. You have to enable it, preferences, can't recall which tab, but I'll look when I get back to my machine.

Menu > Tools > Sequencer Preferences.  Select Channel Effects

Select Channel Effects (the green oval), then Split RGB channels... (the red arrow).  Shown with some split channels in the background.

S5_RGB_color_split.png

Thank you for trying, while I tried turning the RGB on and off. Neither helped unfortunately.    I have 50 lines per CCR (one per pixel),  So even just copying a Single CCR from one file to the next it's not a match, so the lines over run the other props.

Can you open up the group and copy one or two lines at a time, painful, I know but if it works..........

If it works  on one or two,  then try 5 or more.

Just occurred to me. Probably not THE issue but are the timing grids the same? If not use paste by time.

Edited by PhilMassey

Hi Phil,  

I've been trying that, but this issue is the lines in S5 are so different (quantity) then the source.  I can't figure out how to get more resolution in S5.  I've tried all the preference options, just can't seem to get a setting that when I copy/paste it doesn't bleed into inappropriate channels .

Thank you for the attempt. 

Here is the target Sequence and source sequence.     I'm only allowed 330K so these are small.  The forum is smart enough that loading 2 different replies did not work. … 

Source-sequence.jpg.0af616947a48dd55fed49a08eefae273.jpg

Edited by scubanimal
fix pictures

They look the same......

If you open up a ccr group, how many rows are there. Any additional channels, like motion rows for instance.

Target Sequence.... 

I thought I had fixed that.     In the source file, there are 50 lines per CCR, and each of those has 3 (1 per color) so a total of 150 lines per CCR.  Where as the Target has only 1 line per CCR. Hence my problem.... 

Target Sequence sm.jpg