Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule won't run after S2 upgrade

Scott Reinhold

Hi all, I just upgraded my show machine to S2 Saturday and during the install I got a message saying that it couldn't update vx8vb.dll. The install did continue and everything seems to work except for the fact that LOR won't pick up saved scheduled jobs, ie, I set up a show in the scheduler, hit save, then open up control panel and enable shows, but it just says next show SUN 12:00:00.

I'm using the latest LOR version I think (2.0.16) and XP. I think its more of a windows issue than LOR. I can't even update, rename, or delete the vx8vb.dll file from my computer even after removing read only rights to the SYSTEM32 directory.

Obviously I'm not a windows whiz. Does anybody know what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

I think it should be dx8..... not vx8..... and I do not think that is the issue with the schedule not being used correctly.

If you have not allready run the regwipe program then do so. Do not un-install or re-install anyting. Just run regwipe. If you have already run regwipe then please do a search for the file "weeksched.lsc" everywhere on your PC. Let us know what you find.

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Thanks Dan, that led me right to the solution. I was using the old desktop icon to launch the scheduler and it in turn was updating an old copy of weeksched.lsc. I fixed my icon to launch the new 2.0.16 version of scheduler and saved a new schedule. It all appears fine now. Thanks so much for keeping me straight!

Scott

Scott Reinhold wrote:

Thanks Dan, that led me right to the solution. I was using the old desktop icon to launch the scheduler and it in turn was updating an old copy of weeksched.lsc. I fixed my icon to launch the new 2.0.16 version of scheduler and saved a new schedule. It all appears fine now. Thanks so much for keeping me straight!

Scott

Hi Scott,

Good news... If you keep the Light O Rama Control Panel running in your system tray (which is required if you want to run a show from the PC) then you can right click on the control panel and get a menu of LOR programs. Not exactly as nice as a desktop shortcut but it is still pretty quick and it can prevent such issues.

Dan