Light-O-Rama Forums

First time setting RGB ribbon to 16 Ribbon Tree

LittleJanet

Before I run down a rabbit hole, I want to ask, "How do you ensure that they pixels are aligned when attaching them to the top of the tree, all the way to the bottom?"

I've spent all my time sequencing songs. Now I'm ready to install the tree. We've already attached boscoyo 12mm mounting strips to our "tree." Now we're ready to attached 16 white ribbon to the mounting strips. Are there any tips/tricks that anyone can share with me to make this process easier? Thought I'd ask the experts before I run into trouble.

Thanks in advance

Janet

3 minutes ago, LittleJanet said:

Before I run down a rabbit hole, I want to ask, "How do you ensure that they pixels are aligned when attaching them to the top of the tree, all the way to the bottom?"

I've spent all my time sequencing songs. Now I'm ready to install the tree. We've already attached boscoyo 12mm mounting strips to our "tree." Now we're ready to attached 16 white ribbon to the mounting strips. Are there any tips/tricks that anyone can share with me to make this process easier? Thought I'd ask the experts before I run into trouble.

Thanks in advance

Janet

Use EMT conduit and not the black strips. I tossed the black strips due to winds.

1/2" EMT . with sip ties.

It also depends on your frame if any.

If I had a location on my home I would use HC mounting clamps and put them at the top, mid and bottom and snap the conduit in place; Take down would be a breeze and the clips would stay up year round. In that case "grey 1/2" pvc" is best.

JR

Thanks for your suggestion. I don't know if we have time to switch over to EMT conduit - but I'll ask hubby. Normally, every year I've done my light show - no wind. But it would be my luck, the first time with my CCR Tree there will be wind.

When mounting the RGBs, is there anything I need to know so they line up properly for my display?

Edited by LittleJanet

• The topic was locked