Light-O-Rama Forums

Popcorn

Denny

evana wrote:

Actually it wasn't nearly that elaborate. Check out the link near the bottom of the Snopes article I linked to above. They simply threw in pre-popped popcorn into the scene, and digitally removed the kernels from the table.

I wouldn't want to be in the same room as an operating Magnatron pulled from a microwave like that video did any more than I'd want to use a cell phone that could actually pop corn ;)

-Tim

evana,

that movie was real genius... great scene. of course most of the scene was done with minature but the idea is great

I have always loved Real Genius with Val Kilmer. Back in the day I wanted to be just like his character here... but I wasn't a Genius so it didn't really matter what I wanted. ;)

I consider myself a true product of the 80's, but this is yet another movie I missed. I didn't go to a lot of movies in the theater back then (I still don't), and we didn't have cable in the tiny town I grew up in until I was in college... We didn't rent/buy movies hardly ever either until I was in college... Oh well, I have some catching up to do to fill in the gaps ;)

80's music, on the other hand, I consider myself a seasoned triva buff :)

-Tim

• The topic was locked