Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Pixel Controller for original CCP's

Berserker

I have a 16 string Mega Tree with the original CCP's and their original controllers. I also have 16 extra CCP strings with no controllers. I want to use the other 16. Anyone know some controllers I can buy that will work?

Thanks for any help.

I'm using a Pixcon16,  with a 5vdc p/s. Pretty much any pixel controller that can be configured for the WS2801, 5vdc pixels with enough ports. 

On 11/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, Berserker said:

I have a 16 string Mega Tree with the original CCP's and their original controllers. I also have 16 extra CCP strings with no controllers. I want to use the other 16. Anyone know some controllers I can buy that will work?

Thanks for any help.

If they are the LOR CCP's that are 5V, you can still get a 5V controller with pigtails from LOR for them.

As far as I know this is the original CCB-100D 5V ready to go controller, however it comes with 100 Cosmic Color Bulbs {2 strands of 50} and it is a final sale as it is on clearance for $85.95.  So the CCB bulbs are on clearance for $50.00, so the controller cost is only $35.95 if you break it down.   I know you don't need the bulbs, but for the price, might be worth checking into and getting one or more for those strands you do have and want to use.  Wish I had the funds to pick up a couple of these myself, since I have the older 5V RGB Controllers and could use the bulbs since my 4 strands basically are useless and repairing them is completely useless due to the number that have gone bad in each strand.  So this would be a great deal fro someone that wants to get into pixels or just needs some extra controllers.  Don't need the bulbs you'd could always try to trade or sell them off.

Just an idea and suggestion.

Here's the actual link to the clearance unit: Clearance CCBulb 100 bulb set with controller

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, Rockhammer53 said:

I'm using a Pixcon16,  with a 5vdc p/s. Pretty much any pixel controller that can be configured for the WS2801, 5vdc pixels with enough ports. 

What is 5vdc p/s?  Don't know what p/s is. Thank you.

Just now, Berserker said:

What is 5vdc p/s?  Don't know what p/s is. Thank you.

also written as PSU

Power Supply (Unit). sometimes referred to as :Power brick, Wall wort (lower power output)

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked