Light-O-Rama Forums

Pre-Show music playlist?

vsnsound

Good Morning everyone.  Almost time for set up!  Cant wait.

Im wondering if anyone has done this or can tell me how to or even IF it can be done.

So I run a non music sequence (LSS file I think) before the shows start just running a few light on.  I would love to put a musical playlist over that (with a lower volume).  Is there a way to do this?

Last year I actually DJ'd before each show during the non music sequence.  I would stop the music 20 seconds before the main show starts (LMS file I think)..

Thank you so much.

Jay

If I understand what you are trying to do, use Audacity and mix your music, then make a musical animation using that audio file instead in your show scheduler for startup.

What you are asking is essentially what I do for Halloween.  For a few nights before Halloween, I have an animation sequence that runs that is primarily a bunch of fades and chases - nothing fancy.  That one animation sequence is in a show called Pre-Halloween.  For Halloween night, I have a show called Halloween that has the same animation, but also has a bunch of musical sequences.  ALL of those musical sequences have music, and exactly one non-existent channel (because you can't have a sequence with zero lighting channels).  The result is that I get the lights bouncing around just like they did for the Pre-Halloween nights, but I also get a dozen or so songs or sound effect files that play in sequence.

Thanks everyone!  I used Audacity and made a 46 min playlist.  Then made a new musical sequence and added the song.  All set on that part but having another issue that I will address in another thread. 

• The topic was locked