Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it possible to keep lights on when not in a show?

JD.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, k6ccc said:

Correct.  Also make sure NONE of the Windows generated sounds are enabled. 

I LOCK my computer all the time.  My shows still run 24/7 with the computer LOCKED.   I do this because if my CATS walk on my keyboard, they could disrupt my show and stop it or who knows what may happen! LOL.

I start my show, then LOCK my computer {Windows 7 Home}, this way you need a PASSWORD to access the system.  And since my show computer is in my living room, if I have guests over, they can't access my system and disable or disrupt something on the SHOW Computer.  Windows Sounds, Hibernating, Internet {Wifi Disconnected} and all updates and Screen Savers are all off, but LOCKING the computer allows my shows to run without fail.    The only pitfall is, if a power failure and the computer reboots, I do have to log in to restart the show again.   But I rarely have such issues.

43 minutes ago, Orville said:

I LOCK my computer all the time.  My shows still run 24/7 with the computer LOCKED.   I do this because if my CATS walk on my keyboard, they could disrupt my show and stop it or who knows what may happen! LOL.

I have a slightly different tact on it.  My show computer normally does not have a keyboard, mouse or monitor connected at all.  My show computer (during show season) and my server (used for the landscape show from January till October) are both in the data cabinet in my garage.  There is one keyboard, mouse, and monitor out there on a KVM that is usually switched to the server.  The vast majority of the time that I access any of the computers in the data cabinet is via VNC or usually TeamViewer.  That way you need to know the TeamViewer computer number, password, and then the Windows password.  Exiting TeamViewer or VNC locks the Windows account.

I have a laptop. When it is time for the show (black friday eve) I bring a little table over to the front door, plug it in with the amp and usb and let it go. 🤣

• The topic was locked