Light-O-Rama Forums

upgraded, but sequence won't play

sinky23

I need a little help. I upgraded my laptop with the new software. Sequence is all set, test the hardware, everything lights up, although I have had to reload with comm port issues. Regardless, the show won't play. Tried the show builder, schedule editor..everything looks as it should. Cleaned the reg files..still no go. Show won't even light up in the sequence editor...I thought that it usually works in that mode..but plays just fine on the computer screen; lights on the lor boxes are lit and seem to be working....anyway..

Decided to gp back to the old software on my desktop...but sequence file won't open ( due to new software?)

So I'm pretty much at the end regarding my knowledge...if anyone can lead me in a better direction...I would appreciate it ...thanks...

When you upgraded to LOR2, then opened/saved the sequence, it became unreadable to LOR1.

With your LOR Controler powered on, and connected to your computer, open the Hardware Utility (HWU). Make sure that the HWU can see the controller(s).

If it can see the controller(s), open your sequence editor. (Be sure to close the HWU.) Look in the "Play" menu heading and verify that "Control Lights" is checked. Try playing your sequence again.

Be sure to double check that the channel configurations are still intact. They should have made the transition to LOR2, but stranger things have happened.

If none of these work, then you might have some lingering comm port issues to resolve.

Guest wbottomley

Also, you might want to check in the sequence editor that the right comm port is selected.

To check go to edit, preferences, network preferences, then select the correct one for regular network.

good morning Don..

thanks for the response...

tried what you mentioned...still not working. I really think it has something to do with the comm port/drivers. I'll keep at it...

thanks,

joe

(sinky23)

hey Will..

thanks for the reply..

took a look at the comp port, it's currently reading the correct one... but thanks...I didn't know that could be checked in the network settings...one less thing to worry about...although I think it has something to do with the port and the drivers....

thanks again,

joe

(sinky23)

When you upgraded to LOR2, then opened/saved the sequence, it became unreadable to LOR1.

This is true, but for future reference for anyone finding this thread, LOR2 should have automatically saved a backup copy of the original LOR1 file.

For example, if your sequence file is named "MySequence.lms", then LOR2 will have saved the LOR1 backup as "MySequence.lms.v1.bak".

Back to the problem at hand: Are you sure that the channels in your sequence are configured correctly? That is, with the right network/unit/circuit settings?