Light-O-Rama Forums

Help With Singing Faces And CCP

aaron1sabine

Good Morning All

I have used the Light O Rama software along with 3 CTB16PC ready to go controllers. I have recently brought a CCR controller with 2 strings of 100 bullet pixels.

I have managed to work out how to make a face from them and get it to work fairly easy but the problem I have is that when I group them for example "Eyes Closed" I have to set each light to the colour and time I would like rathe than just making the group in one go so taking a lot of time and effort I was wondering if im doing it right or if theres a quicker way to do it that im just missing.

I have attached a few photos if it helps

Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron

Light O Rama 2.png

Light O Rama.png

The easiest way is to create a group. Right click on the first channel you want in the group and select "create a group." Choose the first channel and then the last channel in the group and select create group. When you go to sequence do not open the group but sequence the channels as a group and the sequencing will apply to all in the group.

I would also like to add for those of you who want to do singing faces, don't use pixels as there are just too many channels that you have to program in groups. If you want to have the color changing in your faces then use dumb RGB as it is easier to setup and program.  K.I.S.S.

Edited by Mr. P

37 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The easiest way is to create a group. Right click on the first channel you want in the group and select "create a group." Choose the first channel and then the last channel in the group and select create group. When you go to sequence do not open the group but sequence the channels as a group and the sequencing will apply to all in the group.

I would also like to add for those of you who want to do singing faces, don't use pixels as there are just too many channels that you have to program in groups. If you want to have the color changing in your faces then use dumb RGB as it is easier to setup and program.  K.I.S.S.

Cheers for that. Will have to try it again after work as I did but didnt seem to work so maybe something I done was wrong.

And thanks for the advice about dumb RGB I have to order some up and try them instead 

Aaron

2 hours ago, aaron1sabine said:

Cheers for that. Will have to try it again after work as I did but didnt seem to work so maybe something I done was wrong.

And thanks for the advice about dumb RGB I have to order some up and try them instead 

Aaron

Dumb need a different controller: CMB24. But you can share the 12V (if you have spare capacity. 💡 Don't buy a just enough power PSU unless the device requires a dedicated PSU  I power both a Pixie4 and a CMB24 from the same 400W supply. OTOH neither of those boards are running maxed out outputs)

But Dumb has its place 😛  If you have a section that ONLY changes as a grouping. Then dumb is preferred for the same reasons you discovered.

OTOH Location, Location. Location 😛  If your prop is mostly Smart and it is the only prop in the area. Do the Pain (unless you have a real fat wallet).

Before I moved: This years project was a 5' Star  (almost 100 dumb RGB flat nodes driven from a SINGLE CMB24 port). Red is a Cross in the middle, Blue it becomes a Star of David, Green a simple 6 pointed star outline.   Way too many splices, cuts and jumps so only some LEDs are on the circuit. If I had to do over, it would be Smart (and done with programing). I have worked out the threading, I think I have ONE overlap run

Hi

I tried to do the group. 

So what I did was made channel 1 to 3 RGB 4 to 6 RGB and so on for all 200 lights. I then put them in groups ie eyes closed and so on

I managed to turn the group on just white but it wont work for coulors and reason to what I'm doing wrong?

Aaron

You must use the fade tool and apply the color to the group as a whole so it affects each individual channel in the group. Example: the group "Eyes Open" will have all the channels that are in the eyes open, if you created a group for eyes open then you use the color fade tool to select the color and apply it to the eyes open group. All channels in the eyes open group will reflect the color you chose.

17 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You must use the fade tool and apply the color to the group as a whole so it affects each individual channel in the group. Example: the group "Eyes Open" will have all the channels that are in the eyes open, if you created a group for eyes open then you use the color fade tool to select the color and apply it to the eyes open group. All channels in the eyes open group will reflect the color you chose.

Just to expand: Set both ends of the fade to the same color, then it becomes a simple Color Setting tool

You dont need a group for this.     Try AutoFlip matrix multiplier feature.    Starting with one pixel for each feature,  enter the number of pixels in each group.   4,5,62,1,     Then save your clipboard using face-io

If your starting point is not a pixel..  then you need to use a break out sequence to make it into pixels first.  

AutoFlipMM.jpg

• The topic was locked