Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting S4 to S5

BillyT

I haven't run my display for a couple of years now, but I have recently gotten S5 and am planning on bringing it back next year. I am having problems getting some RGB pixels to show in the preview window. They came in as archived props and I managed to get one of the arches going, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I did! I wasn't able to find my most recent LEE file from that year, so I have props that aren't designed in the visualizer file. I am at my wits end! Please help!

As Emily Latilla would say.... Nevermind. I just loaded the sequence from the last time I ran the show and everything (pretty much) is working now.

When I upgraded, I made sure my Vis and sequences matched exactly, and there was still a lot of clean up needed to get the Preview to a point where I knew where everything was. I actually went back and forth between S5  and S4 numerous times until I got everything half way decent. 

If you don't have a Vis file you might try Auto generate Preview. It's an option when you open an S4 file. I don't know how good a job it will do but it might be worth a try. If any props are archived, unarchive them and they may work.

Since you have no time crunch you might want to consider just starting over with a new Preview, and copy and paste from the messed up conversions you have into the new files. Remember, to keep which preview belongs to which group of files or your head will really explode.

Once you get your Preview where you want it make a copy of lorpreviews.xml in the commondata folder. I do that often as it is really easy to mess it up.

Just saw your latest post, but I'll go ahead an post this anyway.