Light-O-Rama Forums

No play back with Show and show on Demand Help

Box on Rails

4 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Musical tab at the top. This is show editor, right, not simple show builder

Yes this is in show editor. 

So, did you choose the musical tab at the top. If you are being offered Las files, it sounds like you are in the animation tab.

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

So, did you choose the musical tab at the top. If you are being offered Las files, it sounds like you are in the animation tab.

The musical tab and it only shows LMS files

7 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

The file type dropdown bottom right, S5 sequences

SOLVED IT!!!

In show editor, the drop down only shows options for "Animated Sequences", "Musical Sequences", or "All Sequences". However, here is what I figured out..... when I open the sequencer and pair the audio with the sequence and then in the file tab drop down, it shows an option to "create playback file". After doing that and then in show editor I pulled that file in, still a .LMS file, but it worked like a charm in the show.

Your profile says 5.3.8. You are in 5.2.x because the play back files  are created differently after 5.3. 

1 minute ago, PhilMassey said:

Your profile says 5.3.8. You are in 5.2.x because the play back files  are created differently after 5.3. 

I downgraded because it wouldn’t work in the other one. 

14 hours ago, sam.mann said:

I downgraded because it wouldn’t work in the other one. 

Sam. Just wondering, what version of Windows are you using? 

3 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

Sam. Just wondering, what version of Windows are you using? 

Windows 10. I tried everything I read from every forum with the previous version of the software 5.3.8 and nothing worked. I read one post that said downgrading to 5.1.0 offered the save playback files option and bingo, it worked just fine. Mine was an error in the log stating that the media file couldn't be found by WMP. Although I had the latest version of WMP. If this issue can be fixed, I will go back to 5.3.8 but this year, it will be 5.1.0. First year with LOR and I don't have the time to mess around to figure it out this year.

20 hours ago, sam.mann said:

Windows 10. I tried everything I read from every forum with the previous version of the software 5.3.8 and nothing worked. I read one post that said downgrading to 5.1.0 offered the save playback files option and bingo, it worked just fine. Mine was an error in the log stating that the media file couldn't be found by WMP. Although I had the latest version of WMP. If this issue can be fixed, I will go back to 5.3.8 but this year, it will be 5.1.0. First year with LOR and I don't have the time to mess around to figure it out this year.

I was using windows 7 with 5.3.6 and never could get the Show On Demand to create the playback files. I switched back to 5.2.4 and problem solved. I too will upgrade again as soon ass this issue is corrected.