Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Controller power

N00bs41bot

Ok, this is probably a dumb question... but how do you power the pixel controller? based on the info on the product page i cant really tell if it comes with power or not? 

i have the starter kit (not pixel) so i guess i am used to all the power cords and such, and the RGB world is a little different lol. when i got my kit it seemed pretty self contained, power, network cable, software (easy peasy for the most part). but not really sure how to set up the pixel controller, as i see that as being the next step....

http://store.lightorama.com/pismpico2.html

To power the pixel controllers you will need something like this: http://store.lightorama.com/1260waposu.html

Of course you might want to calculate how many pixel leds you will need to power, and if you are running 5V or 12V led strands. The link above is for 12V and states it can run 8 pixel led strips.

A pixie16 SUPPORTS up to 30A per bank.  It has 2 Banks. depending on loads, you can wire the same PSU to both banks or use 2 .

Bank 1 also provides Logic Power (must be powered)

The one you show will need a power adapter.  But if you bought the CCR II controller, they come with the pixel strands either 2 sets of 50 or 4 sets of 50 as the newer ones can power 100 RGB 12VDC Nodes and these controllers already come pre-assembled and wired with the light dangles for each port {2 ports} and an AC power cord installed.  They would be the easiest to set up.  The other type as your link shows requires more work to get them going.  But if you're a DIY'er then that may be your preferred method to do things with RGB.   Just a matter of what your choice is and how easy or complicated you want it to be in setting up the controller.

Thanks so much everyone! I did not even SEE the power supply area! I completely missed it! 😂

6 hours ago, N00bs41bot said:

Thanks so much everyone! I did not even SEE the power supply area! I completely missed it! 😂

If

you happen to buy a pixie controller you can watch my video in the General Hardware section of the forum at the top.

If you follow that link you can watch my How to build a pixie controller videos.

The samE process can be used for any of the LOR diy controllers. I just use pixies for my RGB props.

JR