Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple

TAFratino

1 how do i connect to X10 they do not sell cm11a only the cm15a.

2 Can i use the MP3 show director with a sd card and X 10 as a stand alone.

3 I would like to use a motion sensor after the show to turn on all lights because of vandels I have x 10 cameras with motion detection. I do not want to start a show just turn on a box or all boxes.

Not to nag, but it's really best to put unrelated questions in separate threads, with a relavant title. But no harm, no foul...

JR V wrote:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZcm11aQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

Theres a quick ebay search. Your going to find that you can usually purchase new x10 stuff a whole lot cheaper off of ebay.

Hopefully S2 will eventually support the CM15A. In the meantime the CM11A remains available (even as serial ports go the way of the dodo).
2 Can i use the MP3 show director with a sd card and X 10 as a stand alone.

If by "X10 standalone" you mean "Running the X10 completely separate from LOR", then sure. If you want the MP3 show director to control X10, then no, I don't think so (but I don't use the SD).
3 I would like to use a motion sensor after the show to turn on all lights because of vandels I have x 10 cameras with motion detection. I do not want to start a show just turn on a box or all boxes.

Not currently possible. Once "interaction inputs" are enabled (Dan has promised this soon) then you might be able to rig something up. I doubt it will directly support X10 events, so you'll probably need an X10 universal module to provide a dry contact closure which can then interface to your LOR network. I (or someone else) can elaborate if you're interested...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Not currently possible. Once "interaction inputs" are enabled (Dan has promised this soon) then you might be able to rig something up. I doubt it will directly support X10 events, so you'll probably need an X10 universal module to provide a dry contact closure which can then interface to your LOR network. I (or someone else) can elaborate if you're interested...

-Tim

It might actually be possible. Haven't tested yet. But we got one of the new DC boards this year and while reading thru the literature I noticed that there is an input connector for a push button.

If done right you should be able to use a X10 sensor when activated would set off an X10 module that would be able to used to set off the input connector on the board.

This would take some work but should be possible.

JR V wrote:

It might actually be possible. Haven't tested yet. But we got one of the new DC boards this year and while reading thru the literature I noticed that there is an input connector for a push button.

If done right you should be able to use a X10 sensor when activated would set off an X10 module that would be able to used to set off the input connector on the board.

This would take some work but should be possible.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But I don't think the input connectors are hooked up in the current software yet...

-Tim

[align=left]JP3/PGM Header[/align]
[align=left]The figure on the next page shows how to connect a[/align]
[align=left]push button switch to the circuit board header to start[/align]
[align=left]a standalone sequence.[/align]
[align=left]Currently, only ‘Input 1’ is supported. The standalone[/align]
[align=left]sequence in the CMB16D will start when the push[/align]
[align=left]button is pressed. If you use a toggle switch, the[/align]
[align=left]sequence will run until the switch it turned off.[/align]
[align=left]The sequence always runs to completion, even if the[/align]
[align=left]toggle switch is turned off in the middle.[/align]
Only use the Input 1, +5V, +10V and GRND pins.

Thats from the online pdf file. So might be possible.

Ah, I see what you mean.

That's the "one controller" interactivity that's been there since (I think) the beginning. What I was talking about was having inputs that can trigger things back at the computer -- something Dan's been talking about since he first announced LOR II and has recently said should be part of an upcoming release yet this season...

-Tim

Way off topic, but Tim, it's time for a new family photograph! That baby has got to be about a year old now, so let's see an up-to-date photo!

Denny wrote:

Way off topic, but Tim, it's time for a new family photograph! That baby has got to be about a year old now, so let's see an up-to-date photo!

Good point! That pic was from July '07! The one I just switched to isn't the greatest but it will have to do for now until we get a better photo of the whole family!

-Tim