Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing a .lpeprop into S5 Sequencer

This tutorial was made so that a couple forum users who have contacted me about creating an alternative .lpeprop file understand how to import the prop into S5.

This a spider prop sold by Boscoyo, it is the 100 pixel spider.

The picture on the left shows what you get when you import the prop file from Boscoyo (notice no groups) and the one on the left shows the the prop file created with groups.

The prop can be further altered to suit your needs.

groups%20spiders.jpg

This is a link to the spider .lpeprop with groups as shown in the video. (Right Click - Save As) Boscoyo Spider.lpeprop

This the video explaining how to import the .lpeprop into S5 Sequencer. Remember to test the import with a Backed Up Preview.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks Alan,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  I like what you have done and I'm able to use it now.  I'm not sure if you are still planning on doing a video on how you created the prop, I sure would be interested in learning how you did it.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Pierre

You should be able to use the Boscoyo spider as is. Notice in your video at 4:30 or so, it shows 12 default motion effect rows. If you click on that button here is what you see:

image.png

When you create a new sequence, these 12 motion effect rows will be created for the spider. By placing effects on the different rows, you can light up different parts of the spider.

Matt

Hi Matt

I've tried with the downloaded version from Boscoyo but if I put an On command on Leg4 it lights up the whole spider.  If I had a motion effect of blended bars on Leg8, the effect is on the whole spider.  The way it's setup you can't create a group for the upper legs or bottom legs.  To add a motion effect on only the bottom legs you have to do it individually but that doesn't even work because the effect is on the whole spider, that is why I approached Alan and asked him if he could help, and he came through for me and any other members that might be using this spider.  You can see it in the attached animation file.

spider-temp.loredit

23 minutes ago, lanopie said:

Hi Matt

I've tried with the downloaded version from Boscoyo but if I put an On command on Leg4 it lights up the whole spider.  If I had a motion effect of blended bars on Leg8, the effect is on the whole spider.  The way it's setup you can't create a group for the upper legs or bottom legs.  To add a motion effect on only the bottom legs you have to do it individually but that doesn't even work because the effect is on the whole spider, that is why I approached Alan and asked him if he could help, and he came through for me and any other members that might be using this spider.  You can see it in the attached animation file.

spider-temp.loredit 16.38 kB · 0 downloads

Well you should be able to do as I described... But there is a bug in 5.3.6 and 5.3.8 causing the intended functionality not to work correctly. It will be fixed in the next release.

Matt