Light-O-Rama Forums

programming

brettmc

Is there a way to see more of the bars when programming in Superstar? I have 40 different effects I need to program at one time and seeing only 10 at a time is very time consuming. I can use floating windows to move them to another screen but cannot make the "bar area" any larger. Any help?

Thanks

I tried that but I would like to have the bars larger than that if possible because there are times when I have the lights going in different directions in Morph mode (which I will be using almost exclusively for this application). 

18 hours ago, saxon said:

Buy a bigger monitor

lol I know this was in jest, but even with a large monitor viewing 40 lines is tough, they are tiny.

@brettmc

In no way have I ever come close to using 40 lines of SS effects, (maybe 15 - 20 tops) I am curious to see how you are sequencing with 40 lines in SS. I am always looking for new tricks. Can you post something that shows this what the end result are?  maybe youtube, vimeo.

Also there is another way to condense the lines (grouping in SS, only groups in the horizontial row, not vertical columns) It would tricky, but depending on the sequencing it might work. Sequence a screen full effects in SS, save them back to S5. Go to the directory where the SS .avi are stored, then delete the lines brought in from SS and replace it with a movie effect (the ss .avi) in S5. Repeat as needed. Not an ideal way but it might work for what you are trying to do.

Alan...

I have a pixie 2 with 100 pixels per port. I want to control 5 pixels at a time. Therefore 40 lines of effects. I do have a 24 inch monitor (2 actually) and the lines are REALLY tiny. The lower "black" area in SS takes up about 75% of the screen. When you use the float windows, they can be moved to another screen. So if the lines could be expanded, it would make programming a lot easier. Also I cannot get SS to show 100 pixels in CCR mode, I have to use visualization mode which no big deal. Just have to picture in my head since I cannot get the visualization section to show 2 lines.

17 hours ago, default said:

In no way have I ever come close to using 40 lines of SS effects, (maybe 15 - 20 tops) I am curious to see how you are sequencing with 40 lines in SS.

I have - many times.  Especially with 26 strings in my pixel tree.  Keep in mind that as I recall unlike you, I have every prop in the show in the same visualization.  So I do something that requires 26 morphs for the pixel tree, five for the pixel star, a dozen for the arches, eight for the eves, eight for the roofline, two for the tree rings, four for the planter, two for the roses, one for the steps.  Groups quickly becomes your friend...