Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing display paint came off bulbs

Richard365

Looking for something that the bulb is not painted. They use color lens. What type of bulbs use color plastic instead of painting the lens. all my blue paint came off my bulbs.  Use the mini lights.

Edited by Richard365

All of my Walmart bulbs are plastic and are not painted colors. 

I still have paint on some of my Incan that are pained in about 15 years old but they are peeling as well.

You can buy covers for them if you don’t want to replace the bulbs or strings. 

JR

HMMMM, 90% of my bulbs where from Walmart I bought 3 years ago at 90% off. They haven't done that discount since. either all my blue bulbs came from Walgreens sale. where can I buy caps??  Looking into getting LED if they are color bulbs not painted bulbs. I still have a few Walmart ones left.  

15 minutes ago, Richard365 said:

HMMMM, 90% of my bulbs where from Walmart I bought 3 years ago at 90% off. They haven't done that discount since. either all my blue bulbs came from Walgreens sale. where can I buy caps??  Looking into getting LED if they are color bulbs not painted bulbs. I still have a few Walmart ones left.  

If you purchased Incan bulbs they are painted due to the heat.

LEDs are normally molded plastic - less heat.

You can tell the Walmart boxes - Red = Incan. Blue= LED

JR

Many-many decades ago, I dipped C7 bulbs into a clear paint made for (fake) stain glass kits for my 'color organ'

Stained Glass Paint :Amazon has many choices (but I did not see jars that allow dipping direct)

9 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Many-many decades ago, I dipped C7 bulbs into a clear paint made for (fake) stain glass kits for my 'color organ'

Stained Glass Paint :Amazon has many choices (but I did not see jars that allow dipping direct)

I would think its cheaper to just purchased LED's as well as energy cost in the long run. I do still have 4 singing props with incan and the paint is coming off but I am lazy. Wont replace until the stop working.

JR

Richard you can purchase the color caps at Christmasleds.com make sure to buy the sample pack first since they come in numerous sizes

Edited by Godney

On 9/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, Godney said:

Richard you can purchase the color caps at Christmasleds.com make sure to buy the sample pack first since they come in numerous sizes

Seems the web site is for sale...

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going led and can wait....I would get the blue leds from walmart when on sale. They have been going on sale about 1 week before Christmas day. Usually about half off. Also you will save money on your electric bill!!! I bought 10 thousands leds from them 2 years ago. People look at you funny in check out although. Here is a sample of the blues in action.