Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for an S4 sequence...

Ryan Johnson

Hey everyone. I'm finally going to add some pixels to the display (shocker for those who know me!). Does anyone have an S4 sequence they would be willing to share? I don't need music or anything, just looking for a sequence to get a starting point. For me it's easier to see something to start with. I have several friends that have used xLights but I'm going to be using S4 for at least this year.

I have 16 strings of 100ct pixels from last year that I never got around to messing with so that's what I would be working with.  Based on height I'm thinking of 2 trees 10' high to compliment the spirals I already have.

If you have something like that and you wouldn't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it!  You'll help an old member learn some new tricks! :)

You can send anything to info@johnsonschristmascorner.com.  Thanks!

You can download my 2018 S4 RGB Halloween Animation Sequences here:

RGB S4 Animation Sequences {Halloween 2018}

Hopefully these can help you get an understanding on how to sequence the RGB lights before you move on into adding them to musical sequences.

I also sent the link above to your e-mail address, just in case you get it there before you read the reply here on the Light-O-Rama Forums.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Awesome Orville!  Thanks so much.  I'll take a look at it and see if it makes sense!  LOL.  I might be bugging you with questions.

I'd love to see any other examples people have if they're willing to share.  Like I said, not trying to steal any sequences.  Looking to figure out potential trees.

Thanks again Orville!  You're the man!

6 minutes ago, james morris said:

What is you lic mine wont work with basic

Hey James.  I haven't upgraded to S4 Pro yet- not worth it for me if I decide not to use pixels.  I have the pixel package but want to ensure I can use them.  Old school S2 here!  Until I saw/see how something will help my display i don't spend money on it.  Know what I mean?

2 hours ago, Ryan Johnson said:

Hey James.  I haven't upgraded to S4 Pro yet- not worth it for me if I decide not to use pixels.  I have the pixel package but want to ensure I can use them.  Old school S2 here!  Until I saw/see how something will help my display i don't spend money on it.  Know what I mean?

I think you can view and run the S4 RGB Animation sequences I sent the link for under a Basic license{but I'm not really sure if you can.}.  With a basic license you just can't add any RGB Controllers to see it in real time because I don't think Basic supports that {again, not really certain on that}. 

And believe me, real time viewing with a Controller is a lot different that what you see on the monitor.  

You really should move up to PRO, because then, you can add a controller and pixels to see how they really work in the real world.   I didn't notice you were at a BASIC license when I first read your request, I thought you may have already upgraded to PRO, but maybe hadn't updated your profile to match it yet.

So if you can't get them to do anything, you may have to bite the bullet and move on up to PRO level, believe me, even if you aren't into Pixels or RGB stuff, it'll still be worth it in the long haul of things.

EDIT: And also, if you do go PRO and are going to add RGB items, make sure you also buy the RED High Speed adapter, as Pixels require 500K speed and preferably an Enhanced Network.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked