Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches for Halloween?

Drac

Good day,

As I'm upgrading certain pieces from incandescent/LED to pixels I am looking to change out arches next year.  Of course these are standard fair for Christmas but do any of you use them for Halloween?

Jim

36 minutes ago, Drac said:

Good day,

As I'm upgrading certain pieces from incandescent/LED to pixels I am looking to change out arches next year.  Of course these are standard fair for Christmas but do any of you use them for Halloween?

Jim

Circles are awesome and if you really wanted to can be sequenced as arches. My viewers come for the singing faces however most say they are mesmerized by the circles.

They are also very easy to make.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I have thought about arches for Halloween.  Haven't done it yet, though.   I feel better about that than a Pixal "tree" for Halloween.   A matrix screen is cool, but a "tree" is a Christmas thing, and I just can't seem to get past it.

1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

I have thought about arches for Halloween.  Haven't done it yet, though.   I feel better about that than a Pixal "tree" for Halloween.   A matrix screen is cool, but a "tree" is a Christmas thing, and I just can't seem to get past it.

I felt the same way at first. Until while testing the tree one time in the summer and the neighbors posted on the community page that they were wondering what was going on. I told myself it was testing for Christmas. The tree doesn't have a star for Halloween. For the arches I replaced them with circles and people love them for Halloween and Christmas. Its a win win. Put the ccr tree, circles and matrix up for Halloween and don't have to set them up at Christmas. 

JR

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey JR hope all is well ! I’m curious about your circles , they sound pretty cool  , what did you use to make them ? And where do you use them in your display ? 

2 hours ago, bostonchris81 said:

Hey JR hope all is well ! I’m curious about your circles , they sound pretty cool  , what did you use to make them ? And where do you use them in your display ? 

PM sent

JR

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2019 at 2:20 PM, dibblejr said:

PM sent

JR

Can I get to see them ?  Currently working hard for my halloween display

Would like to see the circle idea as well. As far as the ccr tree. I use part of the tree to match up with my large spider web. At night it makes it stand out and it looks like guitar strings playing with the sequences. Just an idea for thought. 
Happy Halloween!!

I've thought about it for a few years but never pulled the trigger.  You could use the arches to make a big spider.  I've seen videos of others who have done it, and it looks pretty cool.  The way I have my incan arches set up kind of look like a spider in the day time already.