Light-O-Rama Forums

How many songs?

halloweenqueen

We figured that Halloween was a holiday where people king of keep moving. So between that and it being our first year, we only have 3 good ones (along with scary thunder/lightning effects in between)

Not too much...but hey, we're newbies!

That's exactly what I was thinking. People don't usually hang around. My theme is pirates this year. I may just stick to the pirate songs.

This is my first year. I've had so much fun with the LOR. Guess I should move on to Christmas. :D

Yea I agree Halloween is so much more fun. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is great but you just can't beat the fun in Halloween.

How many songs huh? Well that really depends on how long you are going to run your display. Are you going to run it nightly up until Halloween then do one big haunt on that night, or you just going to do it on that night?

If you are going to have it going before Halloween nightly like your Christmas display then you generally want to only have like a couple of songs to keep the traffic moving. Of course Halloween is a lot different then Christmas. You generally don't get the "Hey honey round up the kids and lets go look at Halloween Decorations" like you do with Christmas since Christmas is a Holiday much more people decorate for. The problem you might have if you run it nightly up to Halloween and use more then one song is you can get people sticking around to see and hear what is next and the traffic can back up if word spreads about your display Where with one song they will move on if they hear it is the same song coming on again. I would do as many as you want then just keep an eye on traffic and if you see people lingering for long periods of time then shorten the play list. Halloween night though I would unload everything you have. You make a good point that people generally move a long on that night so you really can't go wrong with one song or more. That is all up to you and your traffic and if your theme.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I really need your help, I am deciding what system to use for the singing pumpkins and I need help with getting all the computer stuff set up. Could you tell if you can help me or know of someone that could? I want to use the 8 pumpkins and I don't know if I need VSA or LOR? Please help!!

Thanks so much,Rose

Between songs, voiceovers and small clips here and there, i'd say I have around 50 to choose from, so I decided on 2 shows, show 1 on even days, and show 2 on odd, I kept all the same stuff in em , just mixed it up, show 1 I start with nightmare before christmas stuff, show 2 I begin with haunted mansion stuff. I was thinking about doing the whole 20 min haunted mansion ride soundtrack but it was too much, too boring, so I pulled out small bits here and there with audacity.

I just added "Ghostriders in the sky" by Johnny Cash and it came out great.

That way chances are most people won't catch the same songs twice when they come by...

Rose, go with the LOR system, but I fear unless you really understand the basics, you may not have time for Halloween... Shoot for Christmas or get a Lor system with the mp3 director and get some songs preloaded. You have your work cut out for you.

Hello, is there anyone out there that could help me with this? I heard that I could get already set up cd's for halloween from the LOR system. That I need to buy the LOR system and buy the already cd's and I would be good to go. Is this not true?

Thanks,Rose

rose wrote:

Hello, is there anyone out there that could help me with this? I heard that I could get already set up cd's for halloween from the LOR system. That I need to buy the LOR system and buy the already cd's and I would be good to go. Is this not true?

Thanks,Rose

Rose,

I used Halloween sequences from http://www.wowlights.com/ for my display and am pleased with them. This is my first year with LOR I already had the controllers from a LOR sale earlier in the year. I modified the Wowlights sequences to work with my yard layout and am using 32 channels. I built 5 tombstones and 2 pumpkins like the ones they have for sale. I added a stuffed ghoul, jack-o-lanterns, and a bat and coro ghost. I used LED light strings to make the ghost and bat, the bat has two wing positions to look like it is flying. The ghost and bat eyes are done with C7 lights and I make them blink. I have been so busy getting the items built and set up that I have not had time to take pictures yet.

Wowlights has turnkey Halloween packages that include sequences, tombstones, pumpkins, strobes etc. or you can buy items a-la-carte. You can also get a full package that includes the LOR controller.

You can also get ready to run controllers from LOR and download sequences from http://www.lightoramasequences.com/

Halloween is getting close, you do not have much time!

Good luck,

Howard