Light-O-Rama Forums

Lowe's is early this year

Steven

When I was at the Sunnyvale Lowe's today (to buy some 2" ABS pipe to use as conduit for running power and LOR network cables under my lawn) I saw them setting up their Christmas shelves. They already have a bunch of prelighted trees in boxes and were still wheeling more out to the floor.

One new item is LED snowflake lights, but they didn't yet have a price on them.

Geez, I guess next year, they will start setting up on July 4 th ;-)
Can't they at least wait for Halloween to be over?

With our economy the way it is, stores must be thinking that getting people in the Christmas spirit early might be a good thing. I think the Season should be all year anyway right?

fair28 wrote:

With our economy the way it is, stores must be thinking that getting people in the Christmas spirit early might be a good thing. I think the Season should be all year anyway right?

They can get me in the spirit alrighty by having a 25% off sale. :D I'd walk away with a couple cases of lights and be happy that I have enough for this year then. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now they're early again! As of last Saturday (December 20) all Christmas items were completely gone from the Lowe's store, and the shelves had already been loaded with new stuff.

So if you tend to procrastinate before buying your (artificial) indoor tree, it's too late to shop at Lowe's.

yes I noticed this about 2 weeks ago in 2 different stores that Lowes had already put there Christmas stuff away for the year and turned the greenhouse part of there Lawn and garden section back into plants and what not.

Them setting up the last week of Sept is about right though. A lot of stores do that especially Garden Ridge.