Light-O-Rama Forums

I need to stop!!

bossgroove

I need to stop reading the forums. Everytime I do, I get a great idea from someone, and I add it to my agenda or shopping list.

How many times has everyone else sworn to stop changing their show?

I was happy with the decisions I made in July.....

But NOOOoooooo! I have to keep piling on to my to do list. Ahhhgghhhh!

I think I'm starting to go crazy! Do I need help, or is the saying "There's no such thing as "too much"" a normal state of mind for people like US?

Nope, not me. When November 15 comes, that is the deadline. Nothing changes after that date for the rest of the year.

I’ve pretty much declared a lockdown on the layout of the display. I’ve already updated the channel configuration several times this year. I don’t want to risk messing up the sequences at the last minute just to add another string of lights.

I’m almost out of channels anyway :P

I always get my layout finished in January/Feb. so I can start sequencing in Feb/Mar. Then I NEVER change the way the layout is going to be. (Actually I have next years layout already in my head and ready to go). I do however tweek my sequences throughout the year. I just reviewed my 6 songs last night and made some very minor changes. I'll probably keep doing that until opening night. I can't go a night without thinking how to make the show bigger and better.............................Hi, my name is Tim and I have a Christmas light addiction!

Hi Tim,
My name is Craig and you're amongst friends. There are a lot worse things to be addicted to right?
I know I should finalize my layout and songs by the end of summer, but, it never seems to work out that way.

I finish my sequences about a month ago & ran a test on the show & I am not changeing a thing. Oct 1 lights start coming out of the attic & tested for bad bulds & such. Then Nov.1 I start setting my display with first show this year Friday Nov. 28.

I also set part of my display in the neighbors yards on either side of me.

Mike

http://mscollectibles.com/%20Xmas.htm

bossgroove wrote:

I need to stop reading the forums. Everytime I do, I get a great idea from someone, and I add it to my agenda or shopping list.

How many times has everyone else sworn to stop changing their show?

I was happy with the decisions I made in July.....

But NOOOoooooo! I have to keep piling on to my to do list. Ahhhgghhhh!

I think I'm starting to go crazy! Do I need help, or is the saying "There's no such thing as "too much"" a normal state of mind for people like US?

I know the feeling, This will be my first year with LOR. Have 32 channels now and am trying to figure a way to get another 32 channels. I'm almost ready to go take out a second morgage on the house to pay for them and the Lights to go with them. The only thing stopping me is my wife would end up in jail for murder if I did. I couldn't do that to her and the kids..................Could I?:cool:

Richard