Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with Verifier

stevehoyt

I will try to be a short as possible, as I don't fully understand the "create playback File flow yet for 5.3.4. I see that the create playback file option has been removed from the sequencer File pulldown menu. It appears that they only get created now after I put them in a show and start the show. Not sure if that is correct or not. In any case. I tried to run the verifier on a new updated sequence and it could not find the .las file for it. After a bit of sleuthing and creating a show for it, I found it in the directory Lightorama>LORinternal>Playback>L>XXX where xxx is a directory I created for this years files. I ran the verifier and all was well.

Is there a writeup anywhere that describes the old way we did things regarding playback files and how thy work now i.e. their creation and where they are placed and when.

Thanks

Steve

The easy answer is:

You never need to worry about creating playback files again.  All you have to do is schedule the .loredit or .lorprot or use those to create an SD card.  The software will take care of the rest.  You don't need to worry about where they are created since the software re-creates them as needed from your source, or may not create them at all.  

The Verifier does need some serious work as we have been ignoring it for a little while now.  Ignore that message that it can't find the LAS or LMS.  Verifier has not been coded to understand the new playback files, so it's still warning you.