Light-O-Rama Forums

Tutorial S5 - Importing Custom Faces into Superstar for Auto Sequence Singing Feature

The title is a little misleading, the bulk of this tutorial is how to add custom faces to Superstar. I have S5 so it easier for me to show that way. If you have S4 the steps in Superstar are the same,  just save the .sup (SS) file and import it into S4. Honestly, it has been so long since I used S4 I forgot the steps.

I played around with the new Auto Face Singing feature Brian put into Superstar and it works really well. I was interested in creating my own (different) faces than what is currently available with SS. I created the faces using a paint program, then saved then as individual mouth files. This tutorial shows you the steps to add them into SS, for use on your props. If none of this make sense read Brians original post and videos about how this feature works within Superstar. I'll attach the pictures below if you want to experiment or use these files.

Alan...

Right Click and Save as

treeface1.jpg  treeface2.jpg  treeface3.jpg  treeface4.jpg   treeface5.jpg

face1.jpg  face2.jpg  face3.jpg  face4.jpg  face5.jpg

02%20face3.jpg  02%20face2.jpg  02%20face3.jpg  02%20face4.jpg  02%20face5a.jpg

02%20Barrel%20Face%201.jpg  02%20Barrel%20Face%202.jpg  02%20Barrel%20Face%203.jpg  02%20Barrel%20Face%204.jpg  02%20Barrel%20Face%205.jpg

03%20Barrel%20Face%201.jpg  03%20Barrel%20Face%202.jpg  03%20Barrel%20Face%203.jpg  03%20Barrel%20Face%204.jpg  03%20Barrel%20Face%205.jpg

Edited by default

Just watched the tutorial, good job! Thanks for doing it!

I have one suggestion. The mouths look like they could be a little more responsive to the voices in the recording. You could try turning the sensitivity up to 6 and that would make the sequencing of the mouths be more responsive and open the mouths wider and more often.

Here is an example of all the faces shown above. This sequence took me all of an 1 1/2 to do.  Very easy, once you get the hang of it. 😉

Alan...

Edited by default