Light-O-Rama Forums

Not sure if it is out there

airborneSRT

I am curious if there is a way to use the beat wizard to pick out a certain sound in the song and map a channel to it. For instance if I want a channel to follow a symbol crash or a snare drum hit... I see in other forums they have the singing face auto sequencer, not sure if I am missing something. I also see something about this Audacity program... Thanks for your time.

Edited by airborneSRT

If you could separate the associated frequency of the desired sound, amplify it, then use the software to trip a channel on it in the beat wizard...then you could put the media file back to its normal. It should be possible. S5 has a capability to use low-pass and high-pass filters within the LOR software, therefore you might be able to do it that way too but I don't remember if S4 has that capability. Worse comes to worse, manually do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, dgrant said:

If you could separate the associated frequency of the desired sound, amplify it, then use the software to trip a channel on it in the beat wizard...then you could put the media file back to its normal. It should be possible. S5 has a capability to use low-pass and high-pass filters within the LOR software, therefore you might be able to do it that way too but I don't remember if S4 has that capability. Worse comes to worse, manually do it.

worse comes worse? it seems like it is. I'm just trying my hand at sequencing from scratch and it is very slow going, and I'm never sure what with timing and such.

2 hours ago, airborneSRT said:

worse comes worse? it seems like it is. I'm just trying my hand at sequencing from scratch and it is very slow going, and I'm never sure what with timing and such.

A quality pair of headset will be your best friend. One with an eq would be great in this case.

I have never found a good way to use the beat wizzard.

There is nothing better than sitting down and pounding them out the old fashioned way.

Takes a little extra time but it’s well worth the difference in quality.

Pick a beat such as base and only sequence that beat. Then pick whatever beat one by one until you are done.

You can go to YouTube or other places and find the songs without lyrics such as Koroke and try to use them but you must remember that you should use the exact song  and album for sequencing due to timing.

I have found Audacity helps with fixing the bit rate and speed. Every mp3 I have is ran through audacity.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked