Light-O-Rama Forums

individual pixels on multiple props

Kerstetter Christmas House

Is it possible to program individual pixels on multiple props and assign priority to props?  I would like to create a grid but have a singing face in the grid during certain songs, but still have the option to have the grid as a background to the singing, or use effects on the entire grid when not wanting a singing face.

7 minutes ago, Kerstetter Christmas House said:

Is it possible to program individual pixels on multiple props and assign priority to props?  I would like to create a grid but have a singing face in the grid during certain songs, but still have the option to have the grid as a background to the singing, or use effects on the entire grid when not wanting a singing face.

Yes it is possible as that is the wonderful thing about pixels, they are each individually addressable. What you are wanting to do would be very tedious and very time consuming as you would have to program each individual pixel in the face, I wouldn't want do it.

Create a Grid View Group for the entire prop, and another for just the face pixels, and then work in whichever you need. You can also create one for the grid  minus the face for the background. 

It can be tedious to set up these "templates" but it makes the programming relatively straightforward.

Singing faces on a matrix is supported starting with version 5.3.0. If you have a sequence that has traditional singing faces in it, you can just copy and paste those effects from traditional props onto the pixels and it works. Here is an example setup for 4 singing faces on a 48x60 matrix.

Matt

image.png

Thanks, I do have 5.3 downloaded.  I just don't think I am asking my question very clearly.  Based on that example above, could I also use those same pixels assigned to each named section (Outline 1, Eyes open 1, etc) as part of the grid when I didn't want to have the singing faces?

2 hours ago, Kerstetter Christmas House said:

Thanks, I do have 5.3 downloaded.  I just don't think I am asking my question very clearly.  Based on that example above, could I also use those same pixels assigned to each named section (Outline 1, Eyes open 1, etc) as part of the grid when I didn't want to have the singing faces?

Sure. Just add a row for the entire matrix (subsection=none), as shown below:

image.png

Wow, this will be a lot easier to do in the future.  I just finished doing a song that I set up to have a single singing face and I used Paint.net program to draw pictures with the different mouths and used the picture motion effect to make it happen.  I have also done what was asked earlier about assigning individual pixels to create the mouths for 4 singing faces, and it did take several hours to make the template.  So it is possible, but after playing with this new option, this is the way to go.

This is one of those topics where a video tutorial course that takes you from nothing to a complete sequence (even if the training sequence is a short sentence, such as "welcome to our lightshow") - just something that joins all the pieces and spells it out.

Hi

Just saw this and was wondering  about how I would "superimpose" the face definition onto my existing matrix. It is currently defined as matrix vertical - Rectangle 16 strings, 50 nodes per string 1 fold in each string.

Thanks