Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Motifs/Silohuettes

bossgroove

Sure, I just recently duplicated a bell set that is sold by Action with coro and mini lights. Besides saving money, it also doesn't consume as much energy....Check out our website....

http://www.belardolights.com/bells.html

Total cost probably around $20 or so instead of $200 for the ropelight version.....

Randy

I use a scratch awl from Sears, available where the screwdrivers are displayed on the rack. It's the perfect size....Here's a photo....

Randy

Attached files 157403=9106-Awl.JPG

Randy...

I said this last year, and I will continue to say it again and again. Your Word Tree you built is the most amazing and inspirational thing I have ever seen. The work and time you and your son put into it is amazing to me!! It is by far the best part of any display I have seen to date!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing....

Thanks for the kind words, Greg....

It was one of those projects where we didn't know how it was going to look until we got it built and installed. My dad wasn't sure in the beginning if it was going to work out, but we forged ahead and made it happen!!!

We had some pretty bad fading on the purple and blue lights, etc. (maybe the white coro background amplified the sun?)....

So this year I've replaced a lot of the lights with LED lights......It should be better and brighter!!!!!

Thanks, Randy

• 1 month later...

bossgroove wrote:

Does anyone have a nice outline for a 3 - 4 foot snowflake?

Search google images. I have a few but I am not home till after 6 if you do not find one by then i can send you a couple.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. Sometimes, we all go to the Great Wise Board for any question. Thanks. Found some great ones.

I was also asking to hear how difficult some designs are from others, proper spacing, blah, blah, blah

Here's one of the four snowflakes I made. I put the design on one, clamped all of them together and drilled the holes. I have no clue what size drill bit that I used, but I tested it and the lights sit nice and tight.

Attached files 160074=9291-100_0752.JPG

• 2 years later...

Randy wrote:

Sure, I just recently duplicated a bell set that is sold by Action with coro and mini lights.  Besides saving money, it also doesn't consume as much energy....Check out our website....

http://www.belardolights.com/bells.html

Total cost probably around $20 or so instead of $200 for the ropelight version.....

Randy

Randy.... great site, a lot of inspiration there:)