Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing a new Channel Configuration

Mike Anderson

I am trying to import a new Channel Configuration into my existing sequences.  I have added a few RGB Pixel Controllers in it for testing purposes.  When I import the new Config, the existing sequence lines up but the new channels are pulling the sequence from the old.  If that makes sense.  Do I have to add all the new controllers to the bottom?  

For example, I have a window on Channel 1 of controller one that I want to be pixels instead.  I added the new device under channel one.  Now the new pixel device is pulling from the next 50 channels.

Is there an easy fox for this or should I just add the new devices to the bottom of the current setup?

Thanks

Mike

It is always recommended to add new devices or channels to the bottom of your Master or first track and never delete anything. It IS possible to do it otherwise but it may make your head explode and/or mess up your existing sequences. Create a new track or several for rearranging your channels any way you desire without messing up your master track. At last count I had 16 tracks, for different arrangements and effects.

I haven't even gotten into different tracks just yet.  I am sure THAT would make my head explode.

Thanks for the input!

Mike

You cannot combine sequences, if you are attempting to add another sequence (channels) to your existing one you can't do that by importing channels. What you will need to do is take an existing sequence you have and add the controllers to it. Then you will export that channel config and import into your other sequences. Whenever you import a channel config it overwrites the channels in that sequence.

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked