Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Suggestions

dgrant

When I last worked with this a few months ago, it was still a WMA file needed. I did not try an AVI again. I used Nero to convert the file. I purchased HDMI extenders for CAT7 to get the video to the projector and I set it up here inside of the house. Sequencing was done by using the WMA file as the base file therefore the audio of course was included in that. It worked using a different monitor to play too, that's specified in the sequencer setup for this purpose. What I didn't like was seeing the monitor's display, like its task bar, being projected again after or between sequences as there's no real way to blank out the projector during this time. So I used an old computer CD player's disk tray to open and close, command by the sequence to an unused 12v cmb24d channel, single channel, to command a small relay which would in turn, trip the open/close button on the cd player. This also worked which basically created a shutter therefore stopping all light from the projector from being seen when, it wasn't desired. This all would be mounted inside of the projector enclosure and the 12v source would be from an old computer power supply also mounted within. Now heat is a serious issue therefore I had planned on using both an inlet and outlet fan once I mapped the airflow inside of the enclosure. Things got in the way and I had to stop for this year.

Just to clarify...

WMA = Windows Media Audio, WMV = Windows Media Video. So if you are using the movie effect, you should use WMV or AVI, not WMA.

Matt