Light-O-Rama Forums

How to make a computer turn on and off by itself?

doublea

I want to run my Light Show on my old desktop, I have 2 laptopps but I use them I need them to be mobile. Also I dont trust my laptops, My now 5 year old Hp desktop never fails.

Now, Im more "green" than I have been in the past, is thier any way to let the computer automacially turn it self on when the show is about to begin, and shutdown after the show?

I usually leave the computer running 24/7 when I have my show going.

doublea wrote:

I want to run my Light Show on my old desktop, I have 2 laptopps but I use them I need them to be mobile. Also I dont trust my laptops, My now 5 year old Hp desktop never fails.

Now, Im more "green" than I have been in the past, is thier any way to let the computer automacially turn it self on when the show is about to begin, and shutdown after the show?

I usually leave the computer running 24/7 when I have my show going.

It's easy to turn off the computer with a scheduler to shut it down, but may not be so easy to start it up again. It depends on the brand of computer you have. Some computers have an ability to set a startup time, but most comptuers don't... depends on the bios manufacturer too. Look in the BIOS setup. If it isn't there, then you are probably out of luck.