Light-O-Rama Forums

Hobbyist Boards

Guest guest

Ok so I pretty well know all of the basics about LOR, however before I go on a splending splurge during the sale, I want to know a few things and if any of you have done this. Please leave any comments or suggestions

1. I am looking at buying the hobbyist boards, I currently own 1 16 channel showtime box

2. I keep my controllers in my garage, away from the elements, if I place all of my cards inside a large wooden box will this be ok. This would prevent me from buying controller boxes

3. I want to build a large plywood box or panel if you will, and place 4 4plug plates for each box and then just plug my extension cords into each channel.

4. When constructing the Hobbyist boards, do you screw on the wiring, like I used to do with my car stereo amps

5. What else do you have to add to the cards besides power, ground, and each channel wires

6. If im not missing anything will I just run the wiring from each channel to the outlet receptacles.

I am attaching a picture of what I am wanting to do, also if anyone has a close up picture of a completed hobbyist board please post it

Attached files 42328=2496-loroutlets.JPG

logan_moore wrote:

Ok so I pretty well know all of the basics about LOR, however before I go on a splending splurge during the sale, I want to know a few things and if any of you have done this. Please leave any comments or suggestions

1. I am looking at buying the hobbyist boards, I currently own 1 16 channel showtime box

2. I keep my controllers in my garage, away from the elements, if I place all of my cards inside a large wooden box will this be ok. This would prevent me from buying controller boxes

3. I want to build a large plywood box or panel if you will, and place 4 4plug plates for each box and then just plug my extension cords into each channel.

4. When constructing the Hobbyist boards, do you screw on the wiring, like I used to do with my car stereo amps

5. What else do you have to add to the cards besides power, ground, and each channel wires

6. If im not missing anything will I just run the wiring from each channel to the outlet receptacles.

I am attaching a picture of what I am wanting to do, also if anyone has a close up picture of a completed hobbyist board please post it

#2. Logan, if you are going to put them in the garage then you don't need anything more than you want to mount them on. Now that we are planning on staying here, I am thinking about building a panel in my garage with all of my boards on it.

#4. Yes. Some people tin the ends of the wires first but a good careful twist works also.

#5. Nothing other than some way to connect cards together or to the computer if you want to run it off the computer. Cat 5 or Telephone wire.

Hey Logan, I would post the pics here but I would rather not resize them 23 times each until they fit the minisqule size requirements here :P

Anyways, go to www.lights-by-zac.50megs.com and then click on "My controller"

Zac