Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB sequenced with SuperStar

indi

Don,t know if this is where I needed to ask this question or not. So here goes.

I have added eave RGB strips this year and have done all the sequencing in SuperStar. I have Universe 13 over my garage using 25 pixels starting with pixel #1 on the left side of the garage. Universe 14 on my upper house with 85 pixels, started with #1 going left to right and so on. I have decided that I want to start the garage string with pixel 25 (reversing the string}. Can I go in and just change the visualizer to start with pixel 25? If so, will the sequence do my morphs as I have them now, or will I have to re-sequence everything. 

Thanks

Yes, you can change it so pixel 25 starts at the other end in the visualization and the sequence will still play the same.  In other words, the morphs will still play in the same direction, you do not have to re-sequence anything.

• 5 months later...

To clarify, I am using a Pixcon16 and I did see where I can start at pixel 25, but will it go from 25 to 1, or will it be wanting to go from 25 up. I need it to go from 25 to 1. I hope to test the pixel strings soon.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, indi said:

To clarify, I am using a Pixcon16 and I did see where I can start at pixel 25, but will it go from 25 to 1, or will it be wanting to go from 25 up. I need it to go from 25 to 1. I hope to test the pixel strings soon.

Thanks

If the 25 pixels are the only ones on the port then just reverse the order of the pixels on the port. Go into the Pixcon Advanced Port Configuration.

Pixcon.JPG.65924c8a7b253dfc83ae881d5630fdc0.JPG

Mr. P,

Thank you so much. It's been along while since I've made any changes to my sequences and have forgotten almost everything.

Thanks again for your help.

I would recommend specifying the direction of the pixel string in the Visualization as opposed to a hardware setting. If you do it in the hardware then you are depending on that controller being used for that particular location. If you do it in the Visualization then any song that uses that Visualization will work.

When you first draw the string, the start of the click and drag is the start of the string (pixel 1). Or if you want to change the direction after drawing it, then you can select the string, and rotate it 180 degrees.

Also, note that on the right side of the screen is a list. You can set the list to be a list of fixtures or props. If you set the list to be a list of fixtures you can see where pixel 1 is on the visualization. If you do not see the numbers, then it is probably because the background color is white and you don't see them because the numbers are white as well. You can fix this by going into the background properties and setting the background color to gray.