Light-O-Rama Forums

restoring files from an external hard drive

chewinggum2

The bad news is my laptop, which I had been programming my sequences on, just up and quit! The good news is, I was able to save the contents of my hard drive to an external unit.

I've re-installed LOR on another computer and can get my files, yet none of the media files are attached. In addition, my animation window is no where to be found. I can't find the picture of my house anywhere.

Also, when I attempt to move the entire file from the external to my LOR folder on my computer, it won't let me.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Robin

I am not certain on this and it is purely speculation on my part. I know that when I make changes to my animation, I need to export my configuration and then import it into the other sequences. Is it possible that the animation is part of or linked somehow to the .lcc file? Did you back-up your .lcc file to the external hard drive also? I am just guessing here, someone wiser than I will have to verify this. Also, the media files (audio) are in a different folder than the sequences so you would have had to back that folder up also.

The Media files from the old machine are where they were when you created the sequences. LOR does not move them. You need to copy them to the new machine. If you used the default LOR folders for audio files and sequenc files then the linkage within the sequence files should work once you move the files. However if you did not use the default locations you will need to re-link the sequences to the location on the new PC. To do that you open the Sequence File in the Sequence Editor then click Edit->("Audio File" or "Media File") and then re-select the correct audio file for that sequence.

The picture of your house is where ever you put it on your machine. You need to copy it over to the new machine.