Light-O-Rama Forums

newbie here and need help

christmasfrenzy

christmasfrenzy wrote:

online price is outrageous for lights and i need alot of lights. so if someone could give me any type of clue.

Hobby Lobby has lights out now

Show start to see lights in Home Depot and Lowes in the next month

Walmart and Target you will see right before Halloween.

This are all WAG's and guesses - but what you would expect.

Harrison

You may think this is sarcastic, but it is not meant to be. Buy your lights in Jan/Feb/March. It doesn't do you any good now though, I understand that.

Problem now is that all the vendors know people are coming alive with the Christmas stuff. They also have had orders in for product in phases. Their suppliers charge differently depending on WHEN our vendors order product too. It's a snow ball effect.

Right now the best you may be able to do is look for close out sales. Sometimes the big box stores will run sales, but you can't plan on that.

Your best bet is to wait for another month for the big box stores to stock lights. Work on other things that can be done on your display infrastructure till you get lights. There always seems to be plenty to do.

If you don't mind purple and orange lights, Halloween lights are starting to pop up 'everywhere', and you can probably score some 'after Halloween' sales to get the cost down. Other than that, when Christmas lights come out, they will tend to be 'full price' until close to Christmas (Sears usually starts their sales early in December). Of course, after Christmas you can generally get great prices.

I noticed that the orange and purple lights at Wal-Mart are $3 per string right now. But then, I think they cost more than Christmas lights last year too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yard Sales and Flea Markets are good places to find Xmas lights and decorations. That is a good place to look on the weekends. If you dont see anything in the yards ask them, you never know, they will go digging for things to sell!!!!

John

thanx to everyone that replied, i did buy some online thru a garden store which i found a good deal and i just saw today kmart has them but they overpriced gonna wait for home depot to get them and go ape on them lol.

check out walmart and target , they both have Xmas lights out. about 10% more than last year. Target also has the Snowman countdown clock for $99.99. Walmart has the 6 channel holiday light controller for less than 70$ this year for those that cant afford our LOR controllers.

John