Light-O-Rama Forums

Light -O-Rama Online Classes

kcurryb7

This is really for DevMike:

I think it would be really cool if you guys started something like Light-o-Rama University and hold on-line training classes twice a month. I for one would be willing to pay for this service. Three thing this would accomplish for you.

• Show use users how to use the software with step by step instructions.
  • Lower your helpdesk request
  • Maybe learn something new and purchase more hardware or software for you

I know you have online videos but its not the same.  I have been using the software for over 5 years now and I still can learn something new all the time.

Thanks

Kevin

8 minutes ago, kcurryb7 said:

This is really for DevMike:

I think it would be really cool if you guys started something like Light-o-Rama University and hold on-line training classes twice a month. I for one would be willing to pay for this service. Three thing this would accomplish for you.

• Show use users how to use the software with step by step instructions.
  • Lower your helpdesk request
  • Maybe learn something new and purchase more hardware or software for you

I know you have online videos but its not the same.  I have been using the software for over 5 years now and I still can learn something new all the time.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin, I learn new things I didn't know all the time too with both the hardware and software.  I've been using the software for 6 years and just got into the LOR RGB controllers and lights last year. 

So I'm sure I still have a lot to learn with the new software that's always coming out and new product lines from LOR. 

But I'd be very curious as to how this would work online?  And this would also be in a live session I'm guessing?

FWIW, I do have some training material coming out. Live sessions could also be added to that if people wanted.

(no ETA on a release yet, still have some stuff to finish up.)

George had great online training with his SequenceU. Nobody signed up so he canceled. Hard to get people to commit. Real shame too. I  learned a lot from Master George!

http://clearwaterlights.org/2019_SU_gen_info.html

Edited by Mega Arch

• 1 month later...

Will they have a set of classes again this year?  I wish I would have seen they were doing these classes sooner I would have signed up.

They should get money in advance so if people do not show up at least they got money up front for the classes.

• The topic was locked