Light-O-Rama Forums

The Saddest Day in January

Speedster

17 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Use a cordless screwdriver rather than a drill.  Preferably one with a pistol grip rather than straight.  This is the one (or at least similar) I use:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DECKER-4-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Rechargeable-Screwdriver-with-Charger-BDCS20C/205943265

It's a low budget one, but I was broke that month.  I use it very regularly and it works great.  It's single speed and a non-adjustable chuck size, but it works well or me.  One of these days I will buy a better one and that one will become the backup.

Going to have to look into getting one of those!  Definitely could use one!

18 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Is my posting about taking down lights now off topic on this thread?    Orv.. you and I are the same age and I am not an old geezer!      Are you seriously complaining about florida 65 degrees while it's below freezing for a lot of us?  Where was I?  Oh yeah. 

Today I finally took down my mega tree, the last 400 pixels around the house, and my sign board.  They have been playing every night.   My wife and I love to see the lights on the house when its cold outside.  For you Orv that means water is hard and slippery.     

The yard lights were put away weekend after new years.  The temp made it up to 38 today so I felt I could go up on the ladder and roof safely.  

Yesterday was my younger daughters birthday so I scrolled HBD and her name on the sign for her and she really loved it.   Problem is the next daughters birthday is in three weeks and she wants HER name to scroll on the sign..  NOT !   Too bad kid.   You can get everything you want. 

I wasn't complaining, just that with Reynard's disease, you have to be careful about temperatures, unfortunately, 65 is not too bad, but when it gets lower and colder, I have to be very careful because of this issue.  This is why I can't live in a climate or environment like a lot of you folks have, no snow, no frozen water on sidewalks or driveways, just too cold for this one particular medical problem.

If it weren't for this, I'd have left Florida and moved to another state a long time ago, more than likely Kentucky is where I would have loved to moved to, but because of the winter weather there, I'm pretty much bound and stuck in Florida until the day they plant what's left of me in the earth.

Still got to get a lot of my stuff down too, but rainy and too cold presently.    May be another few days or more before I can start working on getting more of the Christmas stuff down.   Tired of seeing it on the house, but until things warm up more than they are and things dry out, can't do anything with them.   And with some of the wind gusts we've had around here, I wouldn't even attempt climbing a ladder to get some of the high reach stuff down either.

• The topic was locked