Light-O-Rama Forums

Rectification Needed - 12v PS and Rope Light

mpageler

Need to change the warm white rope light on my singing faces to pure or cool white. 

12v cool white rope is available.  An accessory is a recfified power cord. 

Would already have non-recfified power cords for my current 3/8" 120v incandecents.

If going from 12v  powr supply to 12v reop via CMB24d, is rectification needed.  Tried to bone up on rectification but most of the info sounded like..blah...hlah...hhah.  Did grasp that it is a AC to DC convertion and to help in one way power flow. 

If rectification is needed on 12v PS to 12v rope,  can it be done with a single electic componets between 12v PS and  CMB24d?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Need to change the warm white rope light on my singing faces to pure or cool white. 

12v cool white rope is available.  An accessory is a recfified power cord. 

Would already have non-recfified power cords for my current 3/8" 120v incandecents.

If going from 12v  powr supply to 12v reop via CMB24d, is rectification needed.  Tried to bone up on rectification but most of the info sounded like..blah...hlah...hhah.  Did grasp that it is a AC to DC convertion and to help in one way power flow. 

If rectification is needed on 12v PS to 12v rope,  can it be done with a single electic componets between 12v PS and  CMB24d?

Thanks

No, Rectification turns AC into (pulsing) DC

but you need to check polarity. Reversing will let out the magic smoke.

Plus goes to that terminal of a RGB group (you probably want UNgroup that RGB port and treat those as 3 outputs)., the - goes to R, G, or B

Magic smoke or magic spark...not good.

Currently running 2 cmb24d with combo of RGB and single color outputs so on top of needed terminal connections.  Thanks