Light-O-Rama Forums

The true Spirit of Christmas

Mr. P

When I closed my show down last night I had a note left in my mailbox and this is the true Spirit of Christmas and why I do this:

"I just wanted to honestly thank you and your family for this wonderful gift to the community! I recently had surgery and its killed my entire holiday spirit, including Thanksgiving. I brought my boys by this evening and ended up overwhelmed with the holiday spirit and even cried. It made me feel like a kid again, to the point that I was ashamed to have let my recovery ruin so much for me. Seeing my children's faces light up just filled me with so much joy that I'd lost this season. Thank you guys again! My boys want to come back so I'm sure we'll be camped out again later this week. Thank you and blessings to your family!"

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 6

That's really nice!   I never got a comment that nice, but on rare occasions, something like a bottle of wine or other little gift will end up on my doorstep with a nice note.

HOWEVER, there always seems to be at least one Grinch in every neighborhood.  In the 20 years, I've been doing this, I only ever got one negative comment and it was recently.   A neighbor on another street up the hill (known to be a Grinch for every occasion), sent an email with... "You know all those lights are distracting as I drive by your house to get home from work.".     To which I reply... "You know there are 3 other roads that lead to your house from Lacerta Drive, and one of them is shorter.   And by the way, the speed limit is 25, not 40 !   My cameras observe you."

Edited by Richard Hamilton
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked