Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Music For Sequence

Livestrong5150

Stupid question but got to ask-So all of my sequences that I have were purchased through LOR or WOW Lights. I was recently sent a sequence and purchased the music via Amazon. How do you link the two together?

Thank you!

Chris 

Pretty simple actually.  Go into the "SEQUENCE" menu and assign a "MEDIA" file in the sequence editor.  It will be worth your time to experiment with each of the menu items.

Edited by Richard Hamilton

For the LOR sequences that you purchased, there should also be a ReadMeFirst PDF file with these instructions. 

How to install the sequence

Before the sequence is installed, make sure the Light-O-Rama Sequence Suite is already working fine on your computer. Once the sequence installation file is downloaded, you will then need to run it to install the sequence information on your computer. Locate and double click the downloaded sequence installation filename to start the installation.

If the downloaded sequence file ends with .zip (it will look something like: C1285-RTG.zip), double click on the file to expand the contents. You’ll see a file name with the sequence part number and an instruction next to it (it will look something like: C1285-RTG (double click to install).exe. Double click the file and follow the instructions.

If the installation program opens a dialog box saying the sequence installer requires Microsoft .NET 3.5 and or Windows Framework 3.5 then make sure the computer is on-line and let it download the secure updates from Microsoft.

If the downloaded sequence file ends with .exe (it will look something like: C1285-RTG.exe), double click the file and follow the instructions.

I'm not sure if the WOW lights sequences have their own installation instructions.  But as Richard said in the previous post, you can use Sequence Editor for each sequence to specify the mp3 that it should use.

• Like 2

WOW light sequences are pretty much the same. Double click the .exe and it installs in the proper LOR location. If the music is included in the file there is nothing else to do. If not, you have to purchase exact specified music track and then link it by opening the sequences and assign the MEDIA file as in Richard Hamilton's post two up from here.

3 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Pretty simple actually.  Go into the "SEQUENCE" menu and assign a "MEDIA" file in the sequence editor.  It will be worth your time to experiment with each of the menu items.

Thank you Richard for the help-is there a You Tube Video you would recommend?

Deeply apperciate the help.

Chris

3 hours ago, Speedster said:

For the LOR sequences that you purchased, there should also be a ReadMeFirst PDF file with these instructions. 

How to install the sequence

Before the sequence is installed, make sure the Light-O-Rama Sequence Suite is already working fine on your computer. Once the sequence installation file is downloaded, you will then need to run it to install the sequence information on your computer. Locate and double click the downloaded sequence installation filename to start the installation.

If the downloaded sequence file ends with .zip (it will look something like: C1285-RTG.zip), double click on the file to expand the contents. You’ll see a file name with the sequence part number and an instruction next to it (it will look something like: C1285-RTG (double click to install).exe. Double click the file and follow the instructions.

If the installation program opens a dialog box saying the sequence installer requires Microsoft .NET 3.5 and or Windows Framework 3.5 then make sure the computer is on-line and let it download the secure updates from Microsoft.

If the downloaded sequence file ends with .exe (it will look something like: C1285-RTG.exe), double click the file and follow the instructions.

I'm not sure if the WOW lights sequences have their own installation instructions.  But as Richard said in the previous post, you can use Sequence Editor for each sequence to specify the mp3 that it should use.

Thank you Speedster for the help-Appecaite the help.

Chris

1 hour ago, tlogan said:

WOW light sequences are pretty much the same. Double click the .exe and it installs in the proper LOR location. If the music is included in the file there is nothing else to do. If not, you have to purchase exact specified music track and then link it by opening the sequences and assign the MEDIA file as in Richard Hamilton's post two up from here.

Thank you!😀

4 hours ago, Livestrong5150 said:

Thank you Richard for the help-is there a You Tube Video you would recommend?

Deeply apperciate the help.

Chris

I took a quick look and didn't see any videos specific to that purpose, but there might be some out there.

May I add.

It will be a good practice to start placing all audio files intended to be used for a sequence within the LOR directory. Not just the audio but that is what is being discussed so staying on topic.

Place your media files in the My Documents/ Light O Rama/ Audio   folder. SE will look for the audio file there first

Once you get more familiar with sequencing you will glad you did.

JR

yup, good point JR.  That's where I keep them. Makes things a lot simpler and easier to find.

Edited by Richard Hamilton