Light-O-Rama Forums

picture size to post on here

Wayne K

Can anyone tell me what size and resolution a picture has to be to post on here? I have tried a couple but it won't let me add a picture.

Thanks for any info!

Wayne

1 hour ago, Wayne K said:

Can anyone tell me what size and resolution a picture has to be to post on here? I have tried a couple but it won't let me add a picture.

Thanks for any info!

Wayne

I always resize mine to 640x450, but I use a program that once one size is selected it automatically fills in the 2nd size option so the picture comes out resized properly.   I use a graphics program called IrfanView, it has served me well for a long time.   Not sure how long it's been around, but I've been using it since it first came out and best of all it's FREE!   It will also convert graphics formats too. Play MP3 and other audio files, play videos.  To me it's one of the best FREE graphics programs out there.

You can go here to download the latest version: IrfanView Home Page

I also recommend you download the PlugIns for it as well.  It gives it even more versatility.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I always resize mine to 640x450, but I use a program that once one size is selected it automatically fills in the 2nd size option so the picture comes out resized properly.   I use a graphics program called IrfanView, it has served me well for a long time.   Not sure how long it's been around, but I've been using it since it first came out and best of all it's FREE!   It will also convert graphics formats too. Play MP3 and other audio files, play videos.  To me it's one of the best FREE graphics programs out there.

You can go here to download the latest version: IrfanView Home Page

I also recommend you download the PlugIns for it as well.  It gives it even more versatility.

Windows Paint (W7 on) will now do the basics CROP, resize (maintain Aspect Ratio), W7 on, also includes the 'snipping tool' that is used for screen (section) captures and includes Hi-Liter tools (jobs I used to have to load Paiintshop Pro to do)

5 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Windows Paint (W7 on) will now do the basics CROP, resize (maintain Aspect Ratio), W7 on, also includes the 'snipping tool' that is used for screen (section) captures and includes Hi-Liter tools (jobs I used to have to load Paiintshop Pro to do)

I have Windows 7, but have found IrfanView to be the most versatile and easy to use over most windows programs.  And since IrfanView is FREE, it's nice to have other software that can do a lot more than the Windows paint program can or will ever be able to do.

• The topic was locked