Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Year, Another Prop - The Diamond Prop how I made it.

Just finished building this prop.

Many thanks to Defult for printing the pattern and getting it to me.
When I started this prop, the pattern didn't seem very big.  But once all built, it is.  And I do have to say very cool.  Took a few hours over the weekend to get it built.
I actually cut the frame and put hinges so hopefully I will be able to fold it after the season and store it in the basement. (assembled , it didn't fit up the basement steps.
I added some emt conduit on the back just to add additional support for those winter storms we get.  I used a small drill bit to mark the holes through the paper pattern.
Then I used the step up bit to 12mm to drill the 800 holes. That actually went fast.  About 2 hours.

I've played with some sequencing in S5.  You really can do some interesting effects.

jeff2.png

jeff3.png

jeff1.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks Good Jeff ! 👍

Jeff F and I have been sending PM's back and forth. One very cool issue that comes to light with this prop is the over abundance of effects you can apply to it. It is almost overwhelming at times. I told Jeff I would create a video that shows some of the effects I use for this prop.

The first video i made, I tried to show how the effects were created, and again there are so many possibilities, it proved to hard to make a video that showed the creation of effects. Instead i made a video that shows already created effects and point him in the direction to alter them or to create new effects based on the settings. I also show a way to save created effects so they can be used again with slight modificatins.

Near the end of the video, I show how to overlay Superstar Effects with S5 Motion effects opening up even more ways to create effects for this prop.

Other forum members have contacted me and have downloaded the pattern and are making this prop also. So instead of making this video private I decided to post it here with the hope it will helps others understand how to create effects for this as they finish up building thier diamond props.

Alan...

The files used in this video. (Right Click and "Save As")

The S5 .loredit animation file diamond sample effect df01.loredit  uses the up arrowup R.gif  Both must be downloaded to work properly.

The diamond sample effect w SS df02.loredit uses the following SS .avi files All these files must be downloaded to work properly.

SS_20190914073719_6274b32dc9e84dfca9002491cd7b88df.avi

SS_20190914072148_f5d26f32fdc94af9a66f8ff10d176e91.avi

SS_20190914070023_4919b336dfa34880adde2beb23b78f7d.avi

SS_20190914062746_b5e282dc98d24ce3b239f99b2966fa9c.avi

SS_20190914063113_635ebe94e7d845fa9bfa29d3094f8d10.avi

SS_20190914061404_4e17cbcbe9704f10a523600fad88a2f7.avi

SS_20190914061627_6123c0d9911946f786251cd833eb4dec.avi

For these animation files to work properly all these files must be downloaded and saved in a folder. (hint - remember the folder name, name a folder diamond effects and put them all in there)

A quick gif to show you how to File Reference to correct issues of missing files. This happens because you are going to save them in a different location than I have. S5 expects to find them where I put them, this just changes the location (directory) to where you put them on your system.

missing%20files.gif

and the video that ties all these files together.

Thanks Default for creating the video!!
This is a very cool prop to have.  The combinations of effects is endless.
Remember to "Save" your effects.
Also remember to SAVE your sequence often!!

Thanks for all the support you have given for me to have this prop in my display this year.  It really will give that WOW effect!

• 3 months later...

Alan,

This prop is a hit in my display!
Thank you so much for helping with the pattern.

I wish I had a good camera to post a video.

Can't wait to see what you are doing for 2020.

Thank you again and have a Very Merry Christmas.

Jeff (from Wisconsin)