Light-O-Rama Forums

error running show

PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

I added new opening numbers this year but when I run the show it starts at the 7th song and has an error opening the first six new sequences.  Anyone run into this before?

18 minutes ago, PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE said:

I added new opening numbers this year but when I run the show it starts at the 7th song and has an error opening the first six new sequences.  Anyone run into this before?

Try re linking the audio to the sequence. Not sure how you do this in S5. If you have the option while saving the sequence "save or save as" select save instead of save as. There have been some people using the save as and it is delinking the audio file.

Open the sequence, play it for a few seconds and save if given the option.

Recreate the show using the newly saved sequence.

If audio is not present it will be skipped.

Hopefully it works for you.

JR

It worked on the first sequence, I'll try doing that to the rest.  Very Weird and it's Christmas not Halloween!

Oh and much thanks, I have a bunch of family and friends coming tomorrow to watch. PRESSURE!

11 minutes ago, PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE said:

Oh and much thanks, I have a bunch of family and friends coming tomorrow to watch. PRESSURE!

You are welcome. Many people don't understand this, nor do I, I discovered it by mistake. I wasn't using "save as" though but others I helped were and that was the common denominator.

Let me know if it works for all.

Happy Lighting

JR

JR,

Yes it all worked and the show for the family and friends was a great success.  I moved my show trigger this year to a different CMB24D board (input 1) to start the show closer to where we watch and sometimes (most of the time) it doesn't wait for the trigger.  Changed the CMB24D but that didn't help.  Measured the input resistance at infinite with switch open, yet when you watch the status page it tells you the trigger was on or something to that effect.  Another one of those weird things.  Still investigating it when I have time.

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE said:

JR,

Yes it all worked and the show for the family and friends was a great success.  I moved my show trigger this year to a different CMB24D board (input 1) to start the show closer to where we watch and sometimes (most of the time) it doesn't wait for the trigger.  Changed the CMB24D but that didn't help.  Measured the input resistance at infinite with switch open, yet when you watch the status page it tells you the trigger was on or something to that effect.  Another one of those weird things.  Still investigating it when I have time.

Thanks again

How long are the leads to the switch?

I suspect Noise: Possible remedies: 1)Shielded wire (coax. Braid to the GND), put a .01 ceramic capacitor across the switch contacts  3)Use a twisted pair , ground all unused wires if you use CAT5

You can set triggers to normally open or normally closed.  Which were you using?  Better to use normally closed.  That way you normally have a hard short to ground when idle.

I also suspected it is the distance to the switch. It's maybe 60 feet or so, my last trigger was inches from the board.  I just grabbed some leftover 5 conductor direct burial sprinkler cable I had left over. It was cheap and I use it to run to the back yard (175 ft.) to trigger fireworks during the show. Works great for that.  I'll try some better cable. Thanks for the good suggestions, I think you nailed it.

50 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You can set triggers to normally open or normally closed.  Which were you using?  Better to use normally closed.  That way you normally have a hard short to ground when idle.

Also an excellent suggestion.  I'll see how that works tomorrow. Thanks