Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree and HU Questions

cdlouke

Hey Folks I need some help. First off I didn't think I was even going to be able to have a show this year because of recent surgery. A few friends and a very special lady of mine  showed up over the weekend  and setup a portion of my display. Its great to have a few lights doing the blinky blinky.  Problem is this. They set up my 2 pixel trees, but they are out of wack. They are both set as devise #4 and I wanted them to mirror each other. They are pixie 16's, running 16 strands of 50. One tree is running fine the second tree's colors are off and lighting just a few pixels on strands 1-4.

The second tree is new for this year. I am using sequences from last year so I know they are configured correctly. Could it be that the cat line is bad????

Second problem I noticed is that in HU all of my controllers show but I am unable to make the pixels respond..

Hope this makes sense, I am pretty heavy medicated and writing this in a fog. Thanks for any help

Don't know much about the Pixie 16, but as for the off colors not matching the other tree, are the pixels all from the same vendor?  Even if they are sometimes they may still have slightly different color variations between them.  Only way to correct that is to enhance the colors on the tree that is matching up, I know it's a pain, but I had to do that with a couple of my bullet nodes and they are all from the same vendor.

Wish I could help further, but this is about all I know about pixels on different strands being slightly off color with another strand, if different or even the same vendor this can happen, depending on the batch they made them from might be slightly different.

Thanks Orville. I figured out the colors being off they were wired in a different order. I still can not figure out why one tree displays everything correctly and the one does not display correctly on strands 1-4

4 hours ago, cdlouke said:

Thanks Orville. I figured out the colors being off they were wired in a different order. I still can not figure out why one tree displays everything correctly and the one does not display correctly on strands 1-4

First- I would not replicate the unit IDs of 2 pixies. Just give one another unit ID. These are more finicky than AC controllers. If that doesn't fix it check for power issues.

Power issues of some sort. Id start by checking the green terminal wires, if you have a strand off or a loose connection it can cause this.

Also power consumption of the pixels themselves. Yes we can get up to 170 per port however that doesn't mean it will be without power injection.

Personally I have never mirrored a pixie but I have a ton of them without problems. 

For that network you are pushing max recommended pixels. Add a second NW, assign its own unit ID, add it to your sequence and copy paste the sequence and they will both do the same effects.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked