Light-O-Rama Forums

Mixing sequences with video and ones without

doublea

What happens if I mix sequences with videos and some without videos? What will display in between videos? (or sequences with out videos) My desktop?

Thanks for your help, I have been absent from the lor forums for several months now, and im getting into the Halloween display spirit now,

Im wanting to do one sequenced song and in between that song will be several ambient songs with dimming and flashing lights, but on the inbeteen songs i want a countdown timer on the screen to allow people to know when the next show will begin. And during the actual sequenced song, I want no video, just lights :)

Also im having issues with the sequencer, what is the best type of mp3 file to use? my mp3s are skipping in the program and when I Click play half the time it starts playing the wrong spot in the song.

Thanks for your time (again)

Depending on your video card, you should be able to have just a black screen when there is no video file playing.

I am using a nVidia Gforce 6200 set in duel view with "full view video' on second monitor(video projector). When there is not a video playing it will revert to showing whatever the desktop background is set to.

doublea wrote:

Also im having issues with the sequencer, what is the best type of mp3 file to use? my mp3s are skipping in the program and when I Click play half the time it starts playing the wrong spot in the song.

I believe the recommendations for MP3s are a Constant Bit Rate at 128 or use WAV to sequence. If you want MP3 during your show, you can convert the WAV file to an MP3 after you finish your sequencing. Are you using S2 or LOR 1? I thought that I read somewhere that the MP3 problems were resolved in S2, although I could be mistaken there.

Denny wrote:

doublea wrote:

I believe the recommendations for MP3s are a Constant Bit Rate at 128 or use WAV to sequence. If you want MP3 during your show, you can convert the WAV file to an MP3 after you finish your sequencing. Are you using S2 or LOR 1? I thought that I read somewhere that the MP3 problems were resolved in S2, although I could be mistaken there.

I redid my song in audasity and presto it works, 128 mp3 perfect. I am using lor s2