Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights not shutting off

Travis C

I am running a 16ch 240v controller for the first time and have got all of my sequences working until it comes time to shut down. The control panel says that the show has finished but the lights are staying on. 

The conrtol panel reads that no shows are active but all of the channels are staying on until I manually shut down shows immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Travis C said:

I am running a 16ch 240v controller for the first time and have got all of my sequences working until it comes time to shut down. The control panel says that the show has finished but the lights are staying on. 

The conrtol panel reads that no shows are active but all of the channels are staying on until I manually shut down shows immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check "Lights off at end" in the SE{under the Play button}?  And did you also check "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" in the Show Editor when you created your show?  Checking these off should help with that issue.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

What Orville said is a great place to start.  The other thing I generally do is run a shutdown sequence to close out my show. I have several types of lights, and sometimes my DMX flood lights will stay on when they don't receive a final "off" command. This shutdown sequence turns everything on (even to a small intensity) and then turns it off.  It ensures a second time that all lights have received a final off command for the show.

Last year or the year before I had a similar issue with some channels not turning off.

I also run a short shutdown sequence to make sure everything is turned off at the end of the evening. I set mine to turn all lights on for about 5 seconds and then everything is turned off for about one second then the sequence ends. I also have the boxed checked to turn off all lights.

I don't recall if a shutdown sequence is available with the Basic Plus license level...

Edited by rcktpwrd

16 minutes ago, rcktpwrd said:

Last year or the year before I had a similar issue with some channels not turning off.

I also run a short shutdown sequence to make sure everything is turned off at the end of the evening. I set mine to turn all lights on for about 5 seconds and then everything is turned off for about one second then the sequence ends. I also have the boxed checked to turn off all lights.

I don't recall if a shutdown sequence is available with the Basic Plus license level...

Nope, sorry corrected.  A "Standard" license is the minimum license that allows Start Up and Shut Down sequences.

Edited by Orville
Stated erronously that Basic Plus could use Start Up/Shut Down Sequences. It requires a Standard License to use those.

• The topic was locked