Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add RGB Flood Lights to my sequence

MikeToo

From the Sequence create window I select DESIGN -> Add Item -> Add a RGB device (generic) the click CONTINUE.  I name the device FLOOD1, set channel mode = Triples, assign BASE UNIT ID, and set RGB CHANNELS to 3  click OK.  Back on Preview DESIGN window, set shape to FLOOD then SAVE. Back on the Sequence create window, I thought I would see the ITEM in the TRACK list but not there.  I'm guessing it isn't a PROP?  If this is the case, where do I start to create a PROP???

sounds like you did it right, BUT in the dropdown list box on the editor, did you select "Show All Items"

It is a prop, on the sequencing screen right click on your props, insert new prop above or insert below.  I can grab screen shot when off phone 

OK, "Show All Items" brought the "New Item" to the Editor; however I didn't get a result I expected.  My RGB devices are the LOR 10W RGB Floods.  I have 6 of them on a Pixel 16 Smart Pixel Ctrlr.  I expected to see and be able to edit the three channels in each.  While they DO appear, it will not let me set the individual channel colors... they are ALL on. Too late in the season to use the RGB "feature".  I've just created 18 separate channels (6 lights, 3 colors each) and set each channel color individually as needed.  Thanks for your help/support!!

The LOR 10w RGB floods are dumb RGB and will not work on a Pixie 16 or any other smart pixel controller. You must use the dumb RGB floods on a CMB24D controller.

How did you even connect these to a Pixie?  Only one wire (signal name) Matched up: +12V

There is a possibility you let the magic smoke out of those ports on your Pixie

27 minutes ago, MikeToo said:

Sorry, wrong terminology.... the ctrlr is a CMB24D.

Did they test ou using the Hardware Utility (HU)?

The CMB24D works fine... used it drive the floods with S4 just fine.  See two attachments:  PropDef and SeqEdit

I need to see the three channels defined for controller 0A so I can set the flood "RGB1 0A.p01" to my desired color. As can be seen in the SeqEdit screen shot, I get the rainbow of color and it won't expand the three channels, 1, 2, and 3 ???  Gotta be something in the way I have defined the prop? BTW, with 6 floods I need 18 channels.  In the Prof Def panel I set the "Channels per Unit ID" to 32 but it always reverts to 16??

PropDef.jpg

SeqEdit.jpg

That is part of the problem with S5 is that you can't open the RGB channels. I believe that is something LOR is working on for a future update.

What am I doing wrong?  I have the same set up as MikeToo.  I get to the point that he outlined above (changed the prop to dumb RGB etc).  When I go through the Hardware utility everything lights up fine.  But if I create a simple practice animation I can't get the lights to turn on.  Had them working sort of on the S4 but I know that I am missing something simple.  The controller indicator light only blinks 2x per second. But once again if I go through the Hardware utility all good.  What is the simple thing that I am missing.. Please help

On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 AM, newbie getting started said:

What am I doing wrong?  I have the same set up as MikeToo.  I get to the point that he outlined above (changed the prop to dumb RGB etc).  When I go through the Hardware utility everything lights up fine.  But if I create a simple practice animation I can't get the lights to turn on.  Had them working sort of on the S4 but I know that I am missing something simple.  The controller indicator light only blinks 2x per second. But once again if I go through the Hardware utility all good.  What is the simple thing that I am missing.. Please help

1) Make sure your Com port is set in Network Preferences:  http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.2.2/help/network_preferences2.htm

2) Make sure the LOR Control Panel is running (red light icon in the system tray): http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.2.2/help/control_panel.htm

3) Enable Control Lights in the Sequencer:  http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/5.2.2/help/control_lights.htm

If it still doesn't work, the unit id in your Prop Definition doesn't match the setting you see in the Hardware Utility.

Matt